IGNORED

Callaway Big Bertha (2008) vs Callaway x18

Note: This thread is 5257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I've decided I need some more forgiving irons while I really try to sink my teeth into this game called golf. I was wondering if you guys had some input concerning these to iron sets. I want something forgiving but not something that is so easy that it will completely mask a flaw in my swing. Thanks!
callaway.gif Diablo 10.5
titleist.gif AP1 4-GW
ping.gifZing Putter
titleist.gifPro V-1
clicgear.gif push-cart 3.0

I would stay away from the Big Bertha Irons! They will only be good for little while, once you start to improuve you are going to find you will be able to do less with them. The Big Bertha irons are very very hard to hit of tight lies in the longer Irons.

Im not a big fan of the callaway x18 irons. But they are much better then the Big Bertha irons in the long run! Once you improuve you, these Irons will be much eaiser to hit of tight lies and also much better out of deep rough.

Also the Big Bertha irons are the more forgiving but if you buy there, I would say in about 6 months to 1 year you will look to replace them, if you get the x18's then I think you would be much happier! And have them for much longer!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Thanks for the input! I am getting them off of callawaygolfpreowned.com that is why I am trying to narrow it down to the affordable ones. If anyone else has suggestions let me know but try to keep it to clubs available on that sight because I have a 185$ credit.
callaway.gif Diablo 10.5
titleist.gif AP1 4-GW
ping.gifZing Putter
titleist.gifPro V-1
clicgear.gif push-cart 3.0

I'd stay away from the Big Berthas as well. They are good irons, but I think you'd outgrow them pretty quickly. I got rid of my Big Bertha 2006 irons this season, and I am very happy I did. I have been playing much better with my Wilson Staff Di9 irons, which are much more fun to play as well. In Callaway, you can't really go wrong with the X-18 or X-20 irons, or I suppose the FT or Fusion irons. Good luck.

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

Note: This thread is 5257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!