IGNORED

34" SC Detour Putter

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today while cruising Ebay I found a Scotty Cameron Detour for $100 including shipping. The putter is 34" in length, something which I have never tried, but I decided to give it a shot since it's only $100 and I can sell it if I don't like it.

My question is - will I really notice the extra 1"? I figured it was worth the gamble, but I'm curious to know how noticeable it will be.

In my Grom bag:
Driver: R7 Burner 10.5*
Woods: Big Bertha '04 (4/5,7)
Irons: a3OS (3H, 4H, 5H, 6-PW)
Wedges: SM (52*, 56*)Putter: Detour 2

It's noticeable, if you hate it you can have a 1" extension put in the butt of the shaft to make it 35". BTW - for $100 that's a pretty good putter. I used one for about a year when I was trying to transition between a two ball back to a blade. I'd describe the feel is a bit more "pingy" and "hollow" than a regular blade style Scotty but all in all for $100 you can't go wrong.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I use to have a detour and sold it. Biggest regret ever...it's such a solid putter. I personally like my putters at 34" and I really notice my swing is a bit off with a 35" if I don't choke down on it a bit. So my guess is that you will probably notice it a little bit depending on how you grip your putter.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Not sure if you ment 1" to short? or 1" to long? either way if too short you can put an exension like hokie 2k5 said or cut an 1" off..which I did to mine 1 1/2" actually..and I found no problem's...

In my TaylorMade Catalina cart bag
TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 8.5*
Cobra Baffler Pro 18* Aldila NV Hybrid Stiff
TaylorMade 300 Forged 3-PW Rifle Flighted 6.0 Stiff
Cleavland 691 Tour Action 52* CG10 58*All wraped in Itomic Tacki-mac grips Oddesy White Hot #4 cut down to 33 1/2" Tempest...

I have a 35" detour putter and i love it! Great pickup...you will love it.

I also have a 34" Nike putter and I dont notice much of a difference between the two. Just slightly.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!