IGNORED

Hitting ball on heal

grimmster
Note: This thread is 6440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all,

I am plaqued by the driver Im a 23 handicap and I drive the ball as far as I hit my Hybrid doesn't make sense and am having a tough time fixing it. One thing that is pretty common is the ball mark on my club face is rarely found on the toe. Its always on the heal side of center and somtimes on a bad day right on the heal. My ball flight with a 9 degree is high and stright or slight fade. I have strenghtend my grip so much that it currently is starting to hurt my wrists. I know the problems but not how to fix. Steep angle of attack and open club face yet strengthened grip and added tilt to spine angle and still launcho.

Any suggestions are welcome and thanks!!

Some one posted "try to think about hitting the ball with the toe of the driver" and that has really helped me close the club face. In fact I have been able to weaken my grip to where Im comfortable and after a few hours was hitting some nice draws. Mostly the minor changes were in the rotation of my left forarm during the release. Being right handed I thing strengthing that left forarm would help. But Im happy and have been able to repeat consistantly.

3 words.

Get a lesson.

OK I'll add some more. People on here although knowledgable can't see your swing, and so don't really know what your faults are.

FInd a reputable PGA pro in your area and have him videa you during the lesson. You'll then be able to visualise exactly what you are trying to do. It's really good when they split the screen and show your swing against one of the pros'.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Note: This thread is 6440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!