IGNORED

what to buy with $3k CND

Note: This thread is 6441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hi i'm new to the forums and really need expert advice on buying a set of golf clubs. i've got a $3k CND budget and i'm not sure what to get
i've been practicing golf for a few months now, and i will be looking forward to buying some good clubs soon.

1. what brand to go with? (mizuno is any good?)
2. i've made up my minds to buy Mizuno MX-900 Graphite Irons and Odyssey Tri Ball SRT Putter. but are they any good? or is there a better one for almost the same price?
3. i have no clue about the drivers, fairway woods, and wedges

well, basically i just need to know what's the best to buy with the $3k CND i can use.

Looking at your handicap, I would recommend the following:

Driver: Nike Sasquatch, Cleveland Hibore and Taylor Made r7 460. All three of these drivers are easy to hit and are very forgiving.

Woods: Callaway X, Nike Sasquatch, Ping G5. Same with the drivers, easy to hit and forgiving.

Hybrids (I highly recommend, although others feel differently): Cobra Baffler, Cleveland Halo, Nickent 3DX Utility. Easier to hit than your average longer irons. They provide a higher launch angle and put more backspin on the ball, which in turn equals more distance.

Irons: Mizuno MX-900. Good Solid choice. Very easy to hit, and very forgiving.

Wedges: Cleveland CG10, CG11, Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. If your're looking for more forgiveness the CG11 is the way to go. If you care more about feel and shot making around the green, go with the CG10's or the Spin Milled's.

Putters: Any one will do.

Keep in mind this is just a guideline based on the clubs I have hit in the past few months (I was in search of new clubs also). The best thing you can do is try each individual model out for yourself and see which one you like best. I would also recommend trying the drivers on a launch monitor and getting fit for your irons. Hope this helps!

Driver: HiBore 9.5°, UST ProForce V2 67g
Woods: Launcher Steel 15°
Hybrid: Halo 2i 19°, 3i 22°
Irons: CG4 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 52°, 56° Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 Balls: NXT Tour, Pro V1, Nike One, Callaway HX

Driver: Cobra HS9, not as far as the above mentioned, but atliest you will be in the fairway

woods: i'd say callaway big berthas, or X's.

as mentioned before, hybrids are great, i personally like the taylormade rescue dual, but thats because they have the TP steel shafted version, but a high handicapping buddy of mine has the clevland Halo he swares by it...

irons MX-900, solid choice, maybe look into the taylormade R7 XD's, another awesome game improvement iron.

Wedges, CG11's are a good choice here, but for someone that does not want to worry about bounce and what bounce is good for you, check out the Cleveland variable sole wedges.

putter. whatever feels good, and puts it in the hole....

• Administrator
Looking at your handicap, I would recommend the following:

Just one quick note: 36 is the default number provided for people when they register. If he's not changed his handicap index, it'll say 36. He may be less than that (though still a bogey golfer or more is likely).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!