IGNORED

My Swing (Krillea)

Krillea
Note: This thread is 5065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Being new here, and relatively new to the golf game, 9 months, i figure i'd post a swing video to see if someone would like to give me a few tips around my swing. Id love some pointers to work with.
The swing is very unpolished, and i do get problems with topping and duffing from time to time. But generally i have good contact. Tend to hit them with a slight draw (and the occational monster hook/slice).

Id love to hear your comments.

Cheers
/Chris

Quite a few views, no comments... does that mean im a all hopeless case? Was at the course today, with this swing, i did hit a couple thin shots. (Generally, my misses were thin shots). Not hitting the ball on the "upswing", rather quite not reaching down to the ball.

Ill wait a while longer, thanks for watching ;)

Feet too close together,
You're way below plane - well hard to tell can't draw lines high up enough
your head moves a TON on your downswing
Your hips look to be swaying back on our takeaway too - ya you sway back quite a bit
And your posture looks like its supposed to look when you're hitting a driver - you dont want to hit UP with your irons

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

Feet too close together,
You're way below plane - well hard to tell can't draw lines high up enough
your head moves a TON on your downswing
Your hips look to be swaying back on our takeaway too - ya you sway back quite a bit
And your posture looks like its supposed to look when you're hitting a driver - you dont want to hit UP with your irons

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

Thanks a ton for that reply. Gives me something to think about. :)

About the posture, i did try to "tilt" my spine to my right at adress, but maybe that wasnt what you meant?

Im actually gonna toss up another video for comparisation. This was something i started doing this weekend.
Thanks for your help very appriciated.

Sorry yet again for a double post.
Tossing up a vid here from last week. Would love to hear if you think it looks all the same, better, or worse.
About me being on a too shallow swing plane, yes, i know that, i just wish i had a cure for it .
Same goes for the hip swaying. ....and posture...

Thanks for your time.

Chris.

Edit: And i am getting a hd camera with decent fps so i can post better vids. Right now, im just trying to learn to analyze my swing while watching it on video. Im gonna have to learn that first :)

I can't offer you advice on what to work on right now, swings are such a progression (incoming stack and tilt guy) and i dont really know what stage you're at
Well you can mentally stop your hip say backwards and your head movement - it'll probably make you sore the first times cause you'l lack the core strength to swing without the hip sway.
You can sway forward, just dont go back because you can't really turn properly when your weight is on your back

But basically feet wider apart, say wedge a touch back in the middle and go a ball forward for each club - try not to start your swing by breaking your wrists that'll get you under plane INSTANTLY

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

I dont know Tigers Wife, no. :P

JML22, advice or not, it helped me alot I finally know what to work on, and thats a big improvement for me. Thanks for taking the time, very appriciated. I just want to be able to swing the best i can, and its amazing to get good advice so i can start working asap.. on something ! :)

Well you need drills to fix it haha
its impossible to fix those things on your own

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

I mean i could give you the drills i do but i dont think you're at that stage
Basically if you're willing to take the rest of the season off to work on your swing and start from scratch
but i doubt you want to do that

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

Well, id do anything to get it straight. Even if it takes a season or two. I cant keep up with this since my back tends to hurt from it. So, yes, im more then willing to consider doing that.

Yeah get a lesson
but make sure a video will be involved
swings are generally too fast for the naked eye to catch everything

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

Note: This thread is 5065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!