IGNORED

Callaway FT Tour ...shaft recommendations

Note: This thread is 5040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I'm getting an FT Tour and going to put a high end shaft in it. Just wondering if anyone here has been down this path (even with a FT-9).

The FT Tour I hit had a Voodoo shaft. Performing well, but after playing a Blueboard it's hard to downgrade shafts. I've got the Fubuki Alpha in my sights, and was also considering the Kai'li. Anyone had a tinker with some shafts?

I've played a FT-3 Fusion Tour for a while (still haven't found a club that will knock it out of my bag). I've never liked any other Callaway drivers apart from the FT-9 (still prefer the FT-3), but the FT-Tour is great. Ball flight was lower than normal for me (usually play 9.5* or 10.5*), so a mid to high launch shaft would be suited to me.

I've seen some around with the Ozik Xcon, but never got a chance to hit one.

I don't think that the VooDoo would be a downgrade, it's a pretty good shaft. If you're not getting the ball flight that you want though why not try another Blueboard. I ran with a Whiteboard in both the FT-5 and FT-9 and it turned out to be a pretty good fit in the FT Tour as well.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Shafts are waaaayyy too overpriced. Might stick with the Voodoo and hit some different shafts to experiment. Did you find your ballflight lower than other drivers in the same loft?

Hi guys,

I've got the Fubuki Alpha in my FT Tour and it's a beast. I gained about 20 yards of distance but I have lost some control. I'm not sure if it's me or the driver yet but I'm a little less accurate than I was with my old setup (909D3 w/Oban Devotion).

I don't really think the Voodoo is a downgrade either but that shaft just isn't for me. I tried it on multiple occasions and it was always just sort of "OK." I'd give the Kai'li a try for sure, it is pretty much the "New & Improved" Blueboard. I was torn between the two and ended on the Alpha just since I liked the ball flight a little bit better (a little flatter). If you hit the FT Tour a lot lower than your old set up, you may want to check out something higher launching. I went up a degree of loft when I went from my Titleist to the FT Tour so you always have that option too if you'd like to keep the shaft shaft bend profile as before. Hope this helps.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

Note: This thread is 5040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now