• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
c. lassiter

kaching!

c. lassiter    0
Sort of.

Just bought my son new i15's (including the 3 iron which is the subject of another thread) to replace his starter set.

He and I are more or less the same height, but I swing flat and he swings upright, so I measure out to gold dot on the hitting board while he's a black dot. We had that checked at several different places, and checked ball flight too, and it was always the same. Weird.

-BAMA-    0
yeah i have a swing plane thats in-between flat and upright... sort of a hogan-style swing, and i always get fitted for standard lie clubs...

but i've played with red dot, black dot, blue dot, and green dot ping irons irons in the past, and the only time i noticed a difference was when i played my dad's greens. my 2nd set of irons is a set of black dot ping g5's that i wish were i5's.

congrats on your boy's new irons, i hope he likes them. especially the 3 iron.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • As per the specs on XR irons, the stock shaft lengths are: 6i = 37.875" PW = 35.75" AW = 35.50" SW = 35.25" So, your 6I + 1" now is 38.875" long. If you have already extended these two wedges 1" also, then you would extend their shaft length by 2". If you have not already extended your wedges, you would be increasing the shaft length by 3". A couple of things to consider: Shaft length + loft helps determine how far a given golf club will launch the ball. If you make the wedge shafts 2 to 3 inches longer, you likely will get yardage compression. You might get a PW that flies longer than your 9i. Safety factors: The clubsmiths at GolfWorks do not recommend extending non-putter shafts beyond 1". You run the risk of creating shear points, with club possibly coming apart. If you like longer shafts in the short clubs, try the single-length irons. 
    • I will be posting some next week sometime. I have been in the Fitness business for 20 years. These will include 3 levels for beginners, intermediate and Advanced so you can work your way up. I will also include some easy warm up drills. watch for my posts  "Ten minutes to better golf "  check out my ten minutes to pain free golf in the meantime
    • I hear you. Having the playoffs is definitely better than not, hopefully the Labor Day finish and some slight format tweaks down the road can help. 
    • I as blown away this morning when I saw the new Cleveland woods and irons in Golf Digest. At the 2015 St. Louis Golf Expo, the regional Cleveland/Srixon rep had told me that Cleveland was going to focus on wedges and recreational clubs, while Srixon would focus on clubs for competition golfers. I noted, however, that the past 18 months the Cleveland site only talked about wedges and putters. So, it was good to see the GD ad on the new Cleveland Launcher woods and irons. Circa 2009, the Cleveland CG16 irons lost out to the Callaway X20 irons when I was redoing my bag. And,  I played a mix of CG14 wedges until last summer. Good to see Cleveland rebounding beyond wedges and putters.  Several golf club manufacturers have used variations on CB in the designations of their cavity-back iron models. I doubt such a suit would go anywhere; it would be like trying to copyright the terms grooves and dimples.
    • Yup.  I'm happily in the "I will not be getting a Scotty" club.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. StevenR84
      StevenR84
      (33 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon