IGNORED

Carrying Weapons (on the golf course)

6iron
Note: This thread is 739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For those of you that would carry on the golf course, would you leave it in your bag or keep it on your person?

And how much do you practice with your personal protection weapon?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that would carry on the golf course, would you leave it in your bag or keep it on your person?

you'd have to keep it on you, no point having it in your bag when a guy runs up the fairway trying to mug you.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

you'd have to keep it on you, no point having it in your bag when a guy runs up the fairway trying to mug you.

Have you ever even shot a firearm?

If you take away firearms, the only people that will have them will be criminals. Not a good thing.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Have you ever even shot a firearm?

no, firearm shooting isn't a big thing in ireland.

if you didn't have firearms in the first place very few people would have them.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

To be fair, you could see a guy running up the fairway and have time to get to your bag.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Blog...cid=25&id;=2483

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Blog...id=2051&cid;=25

Read these. These are ordinary citizens put into extraordinary circumstances, and were able to remain safe BECAUSE OF THEIR FIREARM.

Also, most of the time, having a gun on you won't help.

That is exactly what your government has brainwashed you to believe. It was much easier to take away your means of self protection after making the "weak" think they would be protected by the leaders. So gulable!

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

To be fair, you could see a guy running up the fairway and have time to get to your bag.

good point lol

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

no, firearm shooting isn't a big thing in ireland.

what do you mean if we didnt have them to begin with. we havent had cocaine "to begin with" and you can still easily find that on the streets. same with any drug. you could say the same about firearms.

I heard the drink cart girl is a holster humper.....zing!
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I heard the drink cart girl is a holster humper.....zing!

That makes zero sense (to me).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I guess I don't understand the situation in america.

------

This is going to sound harsh. The reason you don't understand gun ownership is because you have been conditioned to not understand it by your goevernment. All well intentioned, I'm sure. But, the citizenry being disarmed is inherently at more risk of being ruled through tyrrany. Your 'don't go to that part of town' comment is very telling. Essentially, you are admitting that your freedom to move about your own country is limited by your inability to protect yourself.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 9.5º Driver
Cleveland 4W 17º
Mizuno MX Hybrid 20ºMizuno MX-200's 4 - GCleveland G10 56º SWOddysey 2ball with line Putter

Well, they've clearly lost the right to defend themselves, haven't they?

Well....no...not at all. Anyone can defend themselves, having a gun on them or not doesn't change that. It DOES however, change the level of ability to defend themselves, depending on circumstance....in which is notoriously different between the U.S and countries with lower crime rates.

Defending yourself in say NZ and America is completely different though, as in NZ, fists, or maybe a baseball bat is plenty, because the person you;re facing is likely to have the same arsenal, where as, in the States, the person you come across may have a gun as well. I can sorta understand the logic behind people saying making it illegal to carry a gun won;t solve homicide by gun stats, but that very stat exists because guns have always been readily available through U.S history to a lot of people, so circulation is high, whether legal or not. For countries like NZ and Ireland etc, this is not the case, so I guess the U.S is trying to cancel out the problem with the very problem. In saying all of this, if I lived in some parts of the states, I would consider carrying a gun, because they ARE so readily available to almost anyone. They just aren't needed in other countries.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Administrator
if you didn't have firearms in the first place very few people would have them.

If you can figure out a way for every gun in the world to go "poof" and vanish as well as anyone's memory that they'd ever existed AND change their mindsets so that they'd never conceive of a gun, be my guest. I'd be okay with that. Note that this includes missiles, arrows, etc. I could live without shooting the occasional deer or rabbit (for food) if you could do that... but... yeah, good luck with that.

in which is notoriously different between the U.S and countries with lower crime rates.

Did you miss the part where we demonstrated that car jackings and burglaries were higher in the UK than in the U.S.?

Defending yourself in say NZ and America is completely different though, as in NZ, fists, or maybe a baseball bat is plenty, because the person you;re facing is likely to have the same arsenal, where as, in the States, the person you come across may have a gun as well.

You don't seem to understand that if a CRIMINAL is going to attack you, then he doesn't give a rat's ass what the law says and may very well have a gun. But, by law (which you respect), you do not.

For countries like NZ and Ireland etc, this is not the case, so I guess the U.S is trying to cancel out the problem with the very problem.

Really? How difficult do you think it is for a criminal in NZ and Ireland "etc." to obtain a gun?

They just aren't needed in other countries.

No, they're just not LEGAL in other countries.

Again, 90% of U.S. gun crimes are minority-on-minority crimes in the inner cities. The U.S. is arguably SAFER than other countries when you remove that kind of crime from the stats of all countries. This commonly happens. The "pro-gun" people tend to have more facts and statistics and studies on their sides. The anti-gun people tend to make emotional and/or "common sense" arguments that simply don't hold up to actual scrutiny. Statistics can be misleading, I'll agree with that, but unless the anti-gun people are willing to read ARMED or the book that Rebby has offered to loan people... you likely don't understand both sides of the argument as well as you think you might. And Kieran, you live in Canada. You have more guns than we do. Look it up. Even Michael Moore (stupidly) made that point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I

Yes, but I'm a kiwi :P

Why is it then that Canadians have more guns, but less gun crime?

I don't carry a gun. I've never even seen a gun in person, other than in a store.

It would also take the fun out of shopping or anything else if you went with your sister and had to stand there and watch someone rape your little sister while you could do nothing but stand there and hope you remember the emergency number when it's all over so you can call the cops to come take your statement. That hasn't happened to me, but that and much worse has happened all over this world.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

Yes, but I'm a kiwi :P

Start a poll. I don't know too many people (like approximately zero) who own a handgun and carry it "for protection". They carry it with permit to a shooting range. That's the essential difference. Most Canadians' legal guns are for hunting, and for recreation, not for shooting muggers.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

No one is going to agree here lol :P

In closing and my final post here I will say

It is more NECESSARY to carry a gun in the States ( some parts anyway ) than it is in other countries.

EG. I would feel slightly nervous walking alleys at midnight in say, Dallas, where as, if I were to walk through an alley in Wellington, NZ, I wouldn't be worried what so ever.

Note: This thread is 739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!