IGNORED

What brand irons do you play with?

Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What brand irons do you play with?

• Ping
    • Titleist
    • Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Wilson Staff
    • Adams
    • Other

I don't get the hype about mizuno irons.

i agree. though they are nice clubs, they're not really above and beyond what other brands offer. What i do like about Mizuno as a golf brand is that they are rather understated. It's not marketed with flash and gaudiness. The product speaks for itself and speaks well.

I personally think there are other irons that are just as good, if not better...but Mizuno does have a deep, loyal fan base. I used to be one when I played TZoid Pro's years ago. Then I switched to Titleist DCI 990's and now Callaway X-forged and I love my irons. I tried out both the Mizuno MP-62's and the X-Forged and liked the X-forged better.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

X-22 irons

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

i agree. though they are nice clubs, they're not really above and beyond what other brands offer. What i do like about Mizuno as a golf brand is that they are rather understated. It's not marketed with flash and gaudiness. The product speaks for itself and speaks well.

Mizunos are great sticks-and they're beloved in the golf community because they're successful but not overexposed (like The Shins before "Garden State", like Gary Oldman as a character actor, or the novel "Confederacy of Dunces"). I haven't hit a Mizuno iron yet where I walked away turned off or unimpressed, but I haven't been in love with every one I've tried.

I did however go nuts for the MX-200s, I had been hitting different types for months and went in with designs on AP1s (maybe AP2s), I15s, or some X-Forged. All quality irons, but the MX-200 grabbed me by combining easy of playability with true workability. Check out MPF ratings for some of the specs-the CoG is higher than nearly every other GI club, but the Dynalite Shaft makes getting the ball in the air no chore (no ballooning). Aggressive sole grind, you'll see that even irons with a larger sole plate have a grind that produces a sharp leading edge. Full capability to hit knockdowns, rocket shots, fades and draws. They feel great and are just plain fun to hit. I've also got some Nike Pro Forged Combo irons with graphite stiff shafts, player's clubs, but hit like butter, and the graphite helps on the days that my torn ligament and arthritis act up. For days when I feel great I've got a set of MacGregor MT Pro-CMs w/ DGS300s. These are just gorgeous, love looking at 'em as much as swinging 'em. Not uber-forgiving, bet sweet, sweet, sweet. I had a set of the MT Pro-Ms last summer but the Nippon 1150 shaft and me were not a good fit, and I've wanted a replacement ever since. When I'm swing well these feel like a tremendous extension of my arm, and when I'm not they make me feel like a 9-year-old beginner.

Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!