IGNORED

what kind of shaft do you play

Note: This thread is 4443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tried a Nunchuck shaft in driver. Too much shaft for me as an old fart.

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

Shafts in my sig. Ball-flight so far has been dependent on how I'm swinging.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

I have a prolaunch red stiff in my 9* driver; it's easy to launch for me, but I would probably balloon real golf balls a lot. Sadly I've only gotten to hit range balls with it, but it holds up a lot better than my old shaft under stress. My clubhead speed is firmly 110-114, maxing out at 120 with my 44.5" driver. Probably would be better off with an X flex, or something like a project X 6.5... Something with a wee bit of extra weight, a high kickpoint, and low torque feels best.

My 3 wood is the same shaft, etc. It works well off the deck due to the solid launch, so even if I upgrade my driver shaft I might keep the one in my 3w.

With irons, wedges, and my 3 hybrid I have a TT feather flight firm flex. It launches too high, is too soft, especially in the tip, and a smidgeon light at 110g. I plan on going to DGx100s on the next set, or similar type of shaft.

In general, I like high kickpoints because I have a fast tempo and can feel the shaft react better. A heavier weight helps me stay consistent, and I need a pretty strong flex. I personally prefer a lower trajectory as well, it fits my eye a bit better to watch the ball track to the target as opposed to looking up and down for 13 seconds until it craters into the ground somewhere down the line.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver: Proforce V2 80 X-stiff

3-wood: Mitisubishi Ahina 82 Stiff

Irons: Stock Burner Superfast shafts for the 2009 Burners

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

I have a prolaunch red stiff in my 9* driver; it's easy to launch for me, but I would probably balloon real golf balls a lot. Sadly I've only gotten to hit range balls with it, but it holds up a lot better than my old shaft under stress. My clubhead speed is firmly 110-114, maxing out at 120 with my 44.5" driver. Probably would be better off with an X flex, or something like a project X 6.5... Something with a wee bit of extra weight, a high kickpoint, and low torque feels best.

My 3 wood is the same shaft, etc. It works well off the deck due to the solid launch, so even if I upgrade my driver shaft I might keep the one in my 3w.

With irons, wedges, and my 3 hybrid I have a TT feather flight firm flex. It launches too high, is too soft, especially in the tip, and a smidgeon light at 110g. I plan on going to DGx100s on the next set, or similar type of shaft.

In general, I like high kickpoints because I have a fast tempo and can feel the shaft react better. A heavier weight helps me stay consistent, and I need a pretty strong flex. I personally prefer a lower trajectory as well, it fits my eye a bit better to watch the ball track to the target as opposed to looking up and down for 13 seconds until it craters into the ground somewhere down the line.

ive been considering reshafting my tour edge exotics cb2 3 wood with this shaft. the shaft in it currently is a fujikura motore F1 (taylormade r9 TP shaft) in regular flex. off the tee its fantastic and although im not getting the trajectory down pat i do sometimes struggle getting the ball up properly.

do you think this shaft would play a bit better than the fujikura in it right now? or should i go with a lower kick shaft?

ive been looking at the original prolauch blue in stiff. lower kickpoint for higher flight mixed with a "higher, more forward center of gravity" might make for some bombs but im just worried about losing the ability to hit stingers off the tee as well as off the deck when im trying to stay below tree limbs on the edges of the fiarway

only concern is the prolaunch blue is too whippy in regular and the stiff is just a bit too stiff (going on my last mph club head speed avg at the shop) i guess my only question is how is the launch with your prolaunch red? and how easy is the ball able to get up?

avg. last time was 93 mph with a 96 or 97 in there but poor contact (driver) im also not "in season" just yet so im sure i could be in the mid 90s by the time i start swinging. only issue with the current cb2 exotics fairway is getting the ball up on the tighter lies. could be the club design but i got this thing for a steal and its a rocket. i intend on getting as much out of it as i can even if it means working hard to become a better ballstriker with a "tour-like" 3 wood

If you have close to 100mph CHS, I'd say you ought to be able to hit the stiff, but the launch might me lower than what I get. For me, the red has changed my ball flight from a high bomb to a mid, penetrating flight. I could stand to lower it a bit more, but that's just me.

Consider the prolaunch platinum; it's a mid launch design between the red and blue. Some people do like the blue on their FWs, since it helps them get the ball up, but I never had a problem getting it flying with the red when I hit it OK. That said, remember the shaft is a flex below what I should be hitting, so I might get a higher flight from that. It's not ballooning on me, but I never hit real balls yet, only at the range. I encourage you to try it before putting it in, but it's a steal at around 50$.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

If you have close to 100mph CHS, I'd say you ought to be able to hit the stiff, but the launch might me lower than what I get. For me, the red has changed my ball flight from a high bomb to a mid, penetrating flight. I could stand to lower it a bit more, but that's just me.

Consider the prolaunch platinum; it's a mid launch design between the red and blue. Some people do like the blue on their FWs, since it helps them get the ball up, but I never had a problem getting it flying with the red when I hit it OK. That said, remember the shaft is a flex below what I should be hitting, so I might get a higher flight from that. It's not ballooning on me, but I never hit real balls yet, only at the range. I encourage you to try it before putting it in, but it's a steal at around 50$.

yea i really like the Red in my driver feels much smoother and much more powerful than the crap stock shaft but i do know that if i were to get the blue opposed to the
red that the flex profile in regular is for much slower swings. and getting a stiff is actually a bit higher of a swing speed.

i'll have to look into the Platinum like you said so far i might still think the Red might be a better choice over the blue.. but other options are great too.

• 909D2 has Mitsubishi/Rayon Blue Diamana Stiff
  • RBZ 3W hasTaylormade Matrix XCON 5 Stiff
  • i15/G15 combo set has Project X 5.5 Rifle Shafts

909 D2 10.5º S-Flex   RBZ 3W 15º S-Flex

909h 19º S-Flex

G15 (4-6) i15 (7-PW) Project X Rifle 5.5  52º, 56º & 58º

California Del Mar 34"     Pro-V1

"Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic"

Note: This thread is 4443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!