IGNORED

European Tour TV coverage

granitegolf
Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

Does anyone know why the coverage of the ET has funny black flashing of the ball durning flight. I have comcast and I'm watching it on the Golf Channel. When the ball is in flight the ball is all blotchy. Ideas?

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

Essentially, it comes down to the difference in broadcast standards between Europe and the United States. European television broadcasts at a frame rate of 50 per second (25 per second for non-interlaced video modes), while the American standard is 60 frames per second (30 non-interlaced). Since American televisions run on a faster frame rate, footage derived from non-American productions have a tendency for motion-blurring, especially during live broadcasts.

The phenomenon is not as much of a problem now as it was in the days of analog television, because today's ATSC (US, Japan) and DVB (Europe) digital standards adopted the same screen resolutions for high-definition broadcasts. Before this, the PAL and SECAM standards used in Europe broadcast with a 576-line vertical resolution, while NTSC used in America broadcast with a 480-line vertical resolution. Therefore, European signals needed to be compressed to be viewed on American televisions.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Essentially, it comes down to the difference in broadcast standards between Europe and the United States. European television broadcasts at a frame rate of 50 per second (25 per second for non-interlaced video modes), while the American standard is 60 frames per second (30 non-interlaced). Since American televisions run on a faster frame rate, footage derived from non-American productions have a tendency for motion-blurring, especially during live broadcasts.

I got to give you ten out of ten for this post dude,Wow,did you research this for this or just know it.I would never have known any of this.I was going to tell him to look outside to see if there was any birds sitting on his aerial

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I got to give you ten out of ten for this post dude,Wow,did you research this for this or just know it.I would never have known any of this.I was going to tell him to look outside to see if there was any birds sitting on his aerial

Interesting fact: DVDs of movies in countries with PAL-derived video standards are 4% shorter than an DVDs of the same movies in countries with NTSC-derived standards. Motion picture film runs at 24 frames per second; the American DVD will convert the movie in a way that duplicates its actual runtime at 30 frames per second, while the European DVD will treat one second of film as 24/25 of a second of video.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!