IGNORED

My Swing (nokmond)

nokmond
Note: This thread is 5005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just thought i'd post a video of my swing to get some constructive criticism!

I've just had a lesson last week in which we worked on a neutral grip (had a ridiculously strong grip previous) and allignment. Can't have another lesson for a couple of weeks so hopefully some of you swing guru's can give me something to look at.

Here's the swing - http://www.flickr.com/photos/39090643@N05/4859053989/

To me it seems there is too much head movement and i'm starting the downswing by moving my head forward causing me to come over the top?

Let me know what you think!!!

PS - My main problem is an out to in path.

In my Sun Mountain bag :

Driver : R7 Superquad
Irons : MX-900 3i - PW
Wedges : CG14 52 & 56Putter : 'Fang' #7Balls : TP Red

Out to in for sure.
Your arm and club position looks pretty good at the 00:11 (wish I knew how to do video capture frames off the internet)
But from that position you lift up and more up instead of in and more in (see deep hands thread)
Then you dip down toward the ball with your front shoulder causing the over the top move and out to in.

look at these swing movements/positions

this is the movement to initiate the forward swing (downswing)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Out to in for sure.

Thanks for the response. I've had a look at the deep hands thread but i'm struggling to get the sense of it tbh. Can you describe what my hands etc should do from 0.11 because i can see exactly what i'm doing wrong but don't know how to fix it! Cheers

In my Sun Mountain bag :

Well, you defiantly do lift up and out of your posture as you take the club back. Over swinging. You could probably make some improvement by just standing a little more erect and not slouching over so much. Think hips high, booty out. Experiment with standing closer to the ball and see how it feels.

The head thing defiantly is why you have an OTT move. Its a hard thing to correct. Everyones body is different, but the Hogan video up there is a pretty good reference in what to do. Ideally, your hands shouldn't do much of anything in the golf swing besides grip the club. If you practice turning away with just the back muscles and shoulders, the arms and hands just kinda take care of themselves..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I shall try a more upright posture for sure. Chris Wood comes to mind. http://www.golftoday.co.uk/proshop/f...sequence_9.jpg

I've always had the problem of my head lifting, always as in been playing for 3 years anyway. Hopefully my instructor can sort it out in a couple of weeks.

In my Sun Mountain bag :

Yeah, thats a really solid setup right there.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I've been reading up on 'Deep hands' and have practised the drill. Does having deep hands 'fix' coming ott or does it just help?

In my Sun Mountain bag :

Three things that are instantly obvious. Unless there is something really weird with your camera angle I'd offer the following:

1. Your spine angle is autrocious. How tall are you? By that video it looks as if you're almost horizontal over the ball

2. You're swinging out to in because you're spinning your hips and not sliding towards the target. Try taking your backswing then hold it at the top, bump your hip to the target then swing. I bet a bigger hip slide fixes your path.

3. You're head is dropping significantly on the downswing. Work on keeping that bad boy still!
But fix that spine angle first!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Note: This thread is 5005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!