IGNORED

Square Head Clubs

Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've owned the SQ 5900 and Dymo2, as well as other "traditionally shaped" drivers. My advice is to try them all. Don't make a judgement based just on aesthetics. You can learn to love ugly...and loud. Hey, I just described some ex-girlfriends too!

Even if it was 15 yards further and you hit every fairway with it?

I'd argue you can reach your distance threshold with almost any driver head. Shaft fit is more important.

Plus, how's it going to go further and straighter if you can't stand to practice with it?!??! Just my perspective, though.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

I'd argue you can reach your distance threshold with almost any driver head. Shaft fit is more important.

It was a hypothetical to try to point out how silly it is not play something solely on the sound. If it works better than anything else out there, who the heck cares what is looks/sounds like?

I care what my driver sounds like. I had the Cleveland Car Crash driver and never liked hitting it because of the sound.

I'm one of the guys that loves the sound of sports though, especially golf. The sound of a well struck shot is almost as good as making the shot itself. So hitting a well struck tee shot that sounds like crap doesn't give me very much satisfaction.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

I care what my driver sounds like. I had the Cleveland Car Crash driver and never liked hitting it because of the sound.

You are an odd duck. I don't care if it is the ugliest loudest club on the planet. If it works better than the rest, I will use it. I get my satisfaction by hitting a good shot.

I have a Callaway FT-IQ and I absolutely love it. My drives are much straighter and a little longer. The sound has taken some getting used to, but I don't care if it sounds like Gilbert Gottfried when I swing, as long as it helps my game.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

I wouldn't buy a square driver because of the sound. I wouldn't feel comfortable practicing with it on the range, knowing it'd distract other folks.

Does this same rule apply to the 21 year old blonde in the end stall, that had a hard time squeezing into her "Golf Shirt".

Blackmax Driver w/ Diamana Redboard
Ovation 3+5 Woods
Ignite 7 wood
A3oS Hybrids
SZ IronsRossa Core putterTopflight Gamer V2 Balls"Your swing looks pretty good, except your grip, stance, ball position, take back, follow through, and shoulder rotation."Actual quote from one of my first golf...

You are an odd duck. I don't care if it is the ugliest loudest club on the planet. If it works better than the rest, I will use it. I get my satisfaction by hitting a good shot.

Same here.

But I personally liked the Cleveland XLS Monster driver.. especially the sound! Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

You are an odd duck.

Yeah. I don't have any problems admitting to that.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

I recently switched over to a Machspeed driver and yes the sound is louder than my old driver. I was never a fan of Nike golf equipment but they seem to make quality stuff. The square head makes it a little easier to keep a square face at impact for me. Just like any equipment some things work better for some than they do for others. Square heads definitely worth a look.

In my cart bag, Driver 909D Comp,Fairway Diablo Edge 3W, Hybrid TWS 18 &23, Irons Diablo Edge 5-Pw, Wedges X Tour vintage 50 X Forged chrome 56 and 64,Putter Rossa Daytona 1, Ball Z Star yellow or a Tri Speed

Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!