IGNORED

FJ Shoe recommendations please!

Note: This thread is 5087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So now that I've learned I can replace my waterlogged FJ's with new ones, I'm checking out the other models they offer instead of just getting another pair of Contours. The contours are amazingly comfy, but I'm fighting the lack of stability they offer with my higher swing speed.

Can anyone chime in, that they own a current model of FJ's which they are really happy with, that have good stability and comfort equally? It's hard for me to get a feel of the shoe just walking around the golf store!

I have a flatter arch on my right foot which I put a second smaller insert under the main insole to help, so I need a little extra room to compensate for that. I've tried a few Adidas shoes which I love the look of, but they all seems to feel narrow in the width, but perhaps that is due to the firm support band the Tour models have wrapping around the foot?

Thanks for reading!

In my bag | TM R9 10.5° | TM Burner 15° | TM Burner Rescue 19° | Mizuno MP-37's | Vokey 54°/60° | TM Rossa Daytona | Bridgestone e6

I have Dry Joys and Gel Fusions...I try to stay out of anything less than Dry Joys...I have 3 pairs and they hold up. The Fusions are slightly more comfy and is a step up. I have learned my lesson with cheaper shoes.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I have Dry Joys and Gel Fusions...I try to stay out of anything less than Dry Joys...I have 3 pairs and they hold up. The Fusions are slightly more comfy and is a step up. I have learned my lesson with cheaper shoes.

Dry Joys for me as well. Best way to go in my opinion.

You can get your shoes in a "wide" if you think they are too narrow. I've used a pair of DryJoys for most of this season and they held up quite well. Would really like to get some FJ Icons for next season.

« Keith »

Just ordered a pair of Limited Edition DryJoys. Haven't gotten them yet, but based on the approval of a few of my friends who have them (both are 3 handicappers) I decided to pull the trigger. Tried them on at a store and they felt very comfortable, just couldn't find the right size and a good looking style. I'd say you can't go wrong with any of the more expensive Footjoy models.

Note: This thread is 5087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!