IGNORED

Tampa/Orlando Golf Courses

Note: This thread is 6383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm heading to the Tampa/Orlando area first week of December for a golf weekend.

I haven't booked yet, so which is the better area - Tampa or Orlando?

Any particular courses that are better than others?

Thanks!!

Driver: Titleist 905S/9.5/Fujikura Speeder Stiff
3W: Titleist 906FT
Irons: Ping i10/Red dot
Wedges: Cleveland CG12/54/60
Putter: Odyssey XG RossieBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Orlando-only one i've heard about is Falcon Fire Golf Course

Tampa-I live in Tampa, and there's a few good golf courses around here: Pebble Creek Golf Course, Heritage Isles Golf Course, Avila Golf Course, Palma Ceia....and some I WOULD NOT recommend you go to are The Claw at USF (i sometimes play here, its jsut not maintained well), Hidden Gunn Golf course is in the ghetto, i only drove past it but have heard that the people who work at the course suck...so anyway, those are some of the ones i would say play and don't play

I live in the Orlando area and can attest to the Disney courses being nice to play. I live on the east side of town, away from all of the tourist traps. Over here, there are several quality golf courses that are cost efficient and challenging, to me at least. Stoneybrook East, Twin Rivers in Oviedo, and Eastwood are decent courses. I just played a course not too long ago in the St. Cloud area that is set up just like a British Links course. It had huge pot bunkers, rolling fairways and very fast greens. You should also look into the Celebration Golf Course next door to Disney.

Scott Sandlin
ROLL TIDE!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10.5 deg, Stiff
Fairway: Taylormade R7 Steel 13 deg, Wilson Deep Red II Distance 18 deg, StiffIrons: Titleist 735.cm 3-PW, DG S300, +1.5", +4 deg upWedge: Titleist Vokey SM 53 deg and 59 degPutter: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 33"Ball: Titleist...

Note: This thread is 6383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!