IGNORED

Back to the old grooves!!!

Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sombody wanted to buy my CC grooves off me, so I sold them to him and went and brought some old grooves before manafactures are not aloud to make them anymore.
I brought some Nike Vr wedges, 56 10 and 60 06. Will let you no how they play tomorrow, they felt very good in my net outside!

And manafactures are NOT aloud to make old groove wedges in 2011. Golf shops can still havw what stock they have, but no more will be made. This has been confermed by the guys in my local golf shop.

These Wedges are the Real DEAL! Sadly my golf balls were lasting like 7 holes untill the golf ball was mangled because of these new grooves :P
haha Im loving them, not as soft as feel as my old Cg'12s or my MP 10's but I think I prefer them more, they give a little more feed back.

Anybody considering new wedges NIKE VR you won't look back!!

Funny thing was after my first nike driver I said I would never play a nike product again because it found they were not up the the standered other clubs were. I take this back!

These Wedges are the Real DEAL! Sadly my golf balls were lasting like 7 holes untill the golf ball was mangled because of these new grooves :P

i do remember them absolutely eating balls up too...... ive said it before and ill say it again....

NIKE is an under rated golf company (equipemt wise anyways)

Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I think we'll set that at $100. Normal rate for 45-minute lessons for me is $80, so $100 for five hours of "time" at Golf Evolution seems okay. Cash is preferred, but checks are fine, PayPal is fine, credit cards are okay if they're not really thick (our Square reader is older).
    • In the old formats, having players WD or MC were very penal. A team could lose substantial points when players DNQ or DNS. The New Scoring Format should keep teams in the hunt during each segment and with the  season totals.   The best thing I like, this new format should prevent @gogolfing from running away with the Trophy.   
    • Day 81 (16 Sep 21) - Played 18 today but did something totally different that made for some great course management strategizing.  ON all the "odd" numbered holes (1, 3, 5....15, 17), I limited myself to pretty much the 3w off the tee and only odd numbered hybrid (3h) and irons (5-7-9).  Likewise ON all the "even" numbered holes (2, 4, 6....16, 18), I limited myself pretty much to the driver off the tee and only the even numbered hybrid (4h) and irons (6 - 8 - PW (as this used to be the 10i in the old days)).  Where wedge play was required, I only had the 52 and 58 wedges in the bag, so I was limited there.   The fun of this was that I had to think about how to best play the hole given what clubs were "available" for that hole.  I have done only irons/hybrid before and have limited myself to only say the "odd" irons as well.  I can say I believe this round encouraged some of the best ball striking I have ever done and encouraged great course management for each hole.  Can say this is a must do again exercise!  
    • @dennyjonesand I have a 1:40pm Tee Time as Whispering Woods on Friday Oct. 8th.  We have room for 2 more in our foursome, these will be 1st come 1st serve.  Just post to this thread and I will see them.  They did have a 1:50 available if we need another tee time. Also, We are staying at the Avalon in Erie, across the street from Golf Evolution and got a room, double occupancy, for $149 per night.  If any need a room give them a call and mention Golf Evolution, that did it for us.   We are still open for a round on Saturday afternoon.  @iacasmention Little Mountain which is closer to Cleveland (@ 1 hr. 15 minute drive from Erie).  I'd do that but think closer to Erie would be better since we have the lessons until 1pm.  We have the option to stay another night in Erie if that helps accommodate a round of golf on Saturday closer to Erie.     Also, we are up for dinner/drinks on Friday night for any of you that are in town.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Benit0
      Benit0
      (38 years old)
    2. Doine Rechard
      Doine Rechard
      (42 years old)
    3. Golfalert
      Golfalert
      (46 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...