IGNORED

swing speed

Haze
Note: This thread is 6387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went to Golfsmith on saturday and got on the launch monitor. I have read before that it does not actually measure swing speed but estimates it based on ball speed and distance. But what is the correlation with swing speed to distance? I demoed a Ping G5. I think it was a 9 or 9.5*, it had a stiff graphite shaft(65 g). My distance was in the 270-280(carry and roll) range with a swing speed of 108-110 mph. Launch angle was 14*. How accurate do you think my swing speed is in correlation to the distance it traveled?

I went to Golfsmith on saturday and got on the launch monitor. I have read before that it does not actually measure swing speed but estimates it based on ball speed and distance. But what is the correlation with swing speed to distance? I demoed a Ping G5. I think it was a 9 or 9.5*, it had a stiff graphite shaft(65 g). My distance was in the 270-280(carry and roll) range with a swing speed of 108-110 mph. Launch angle was 14*. How accurate do you think my swing speed is in correlation to the distance it traveled?

you hit it 280 off 36 index.

god get on the putting green lol jk with ya
Driver: Taylormade R580XD 10.5*w/GD YS6+
3wood: Nike Ignite T-60 15* w/Fujikura Stiff
Irons: Cleveland TA2 3I-PW w/ DG R300
Wedges: Taylormade RAC Satin 52,56 w/DG "TP"
Putter: Never Compromise Voodoo - 34 inchHandicap: 8Low Round: 75 (+3)Age: 14Location: Deep River, Ontario, Canada

you hit it 280 off 36 index.

Seriously, though, I need to work on my putting. That is the part of the game that really kills me. The other day I went to a nice little par 36 9 hole course and had 31 putts for the day. Almost 4 putts per hole. That's horrible. I also want to take some lessons as well to improve my overall game.

Seriously, though, I need to work on my putting. That is the part of the game that really kills me. The other day I went to a nice little par 36 9 hole course and had 31 putts for the day. Almost 4 putts per hole. That's horrible. I also want to take some lessons as well to improve my overall game.

oh man yeah, potentially you cud drop that by about 12, thats 24 shots less for 18 holes.

really work on it man, cas you must have a decent long game till you get to the green.
Driver: Taylormade R580XD 10.5*w/GD YS6+
3wood: Nike Ignite T-60 15* w/Fujikura Stiff
Irons: Cleveland TA2 3I-PW w/ DG R300
Wedges: Taylormade RAC Satin 52,56 w/DG "TP"
Putter: Never Compromise Voodoo - 34 inchHandicap: 8Low Round: 75 (+3)Age: 14Location: Deep River, Ontario, Canada

do ya think they might 'juice' the machines just a bit . . .
to promote sales . . .
"yeah, the driver you just hit is going consistently 285, man that club is really going to work for you!"

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

do ya think they might 'juice' the machines just a bit . . .

I am pretty sure that is possible. They want to sale the higher priced equipment and to do that they want you to think you are hitting it a ton. But a few guys there that were also taking some swings thought the yardage was playing short. ex computer shows 150 but they thought it was more like 170. That is what they felt from their playing experience. Of course it could have been just their egos.

oh man yeah, potentially you cud drop that by about 12, thats 24 shots less for 18 holes.

My irons is what saves me. I am pretty accurate with all my irons. Usually with my driver I have trouble keeping it straight. I always end up having to play out of the rough. That is why I was trying out some new ones. I want one that is 460cc because from my understanding it offers more forgiveness. The one I have now is roughly a 1/4 of the size of the 460cc I was trying. The face of my driver is only about 1 or 1 1/4 inches tall. It offers no forgiveness. As it is now, whenever I play it stays in the bag. I use my 3 wood instead, even on par 5's. I usually hit it straight down the middle. In my playing group, my 3 wood keeps up with their drivers. So at least with them I am not sacfricing much distance.

Note: This thread is 6387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!