IGNORED

Is my 11 handicap valid?

DFrensdorff
Note: This thread is 4845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Camo

If jon daly can shot an 80 on tour, I think well let you have have a pass on a 100 every now and again. LoL

Dustin johnson shot an 82 at Pebble Beach.  Can happen to even the best of 'em.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

I finished the season at 2.3, and shot a 90 last season.  Two 9's and an 11 in the round.  I forgot how to play golf for about 35 total minutes that round.  4 over in 15 holes.......14 over in 3 holes.  All 3 of them were par 5's.  5 penalties in that spectacle of holes.

It was quite an ugly few holes.

I'm about a 13 and definitely hit the century mark on a bad day...but low 80's on a good day.

Remember, your Handicap Index is essentially based on the average of your best 10 (of last 20) scores.  So really, you would be expected to shoot your handicap or better only ~25% of the time.  It's meant to measure potential, not consistency!

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

Originally Posted by DFrensdorff

Thanks all........great help........one of the questions I still have is does an 11 handicapper shoot a 100 every once in a great while?

If you played more golf you would have a more statistical relevant handicap.  It's just math.  Lets say you only played 4 times per year and have for the past 10 years you could easily range between 75 and 100 or even higher.   Your number of rounds is not statistically sufficient to derive a completely accurate assessment.  I 've always been a round scratch and I have shot over 83  a couple times in the last 20 years, It doesn't mean I am a 8 handicap.  It would be uncommon for an 11 to shoot 100 but not unheard of.  What you don't want to do is represent yourself as a 15 or more and shoot one of your 77's  that would cause more grief than it's worth.

Note: This thread is 4845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!