IGNORED

Lightweight carry bags - Ping 4 Under vs SM Three 5

Chicago Lefty
Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually carry quite a bit to keep my golf expenses down and decided to invest in a lightweight carry bag this year. The Ogio Grom is a bit heavier than I'd like (I also tend to overload it with stuff). Right now the two bags I'm looking at are the Ping 4 Under and the Sun Mountain Three 5. Looked at both at the local GG and they seemed pretty similar overall. Major differences were the club separators and the strap system. Can anyone that has tried theses bags comment on any positives or negatives with either?

i prefer the looks, colors and the fabric of the pings over the sunmountain/titleist bags. With both bags you are going to have clubs stick on the bottom so dont even consider comments about people saying the clubs stick because both will.

I'm a huge fan of the old classic Ping Hoofer and L8+ bags but all of their newer ones just aggravate me with "fancy" oddly padded, self retracting straps. That's why EVERY high school and College team used to use them. No fancy frills.

No good recommendation though. Sorry, I'm sticking with my 14 year old Ping Hoofer.

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

I went from my Sun Mtn. 3.5 lite to the swiftX by Sun Mtn. and couldn't be happier. It was 99 bux b/c they were on close out. Its got a bigger diameter so I can use my other set of clubs that have mid sized grips w/o any problems.

Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!