IGNORED

Putting

cdriver
Note: This thread is 6369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I normally get behind the ball a couple of yards and look at the break of the putt, picking out a spot on that line to use as my aim point. I move in behind my mark and line up the line on my ball with the line of the putt so it intersects the aim point. I then move back to my original position and check the alignment of my mark on the ball, the aim point, etc.

Then I address the ball preparing to putt. It is at this point things start to go haywire. Now that I have checked the line and then double checked it, I get a completely different feel from over the ball and I think I need to adjust my aim point. If I cannot help myself, I adjust the aimpoint and then watch as the putt misses by whatever the amount of adjustment I made.

If I leave everything the same as when I got over the ball, I make a large majority of them... Why can I not just leave the thing alone and putt it.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Well, you know they say a mind is a terrible thing to get involved a golf swing. I guess that goes for putting too. It's like math tests, your first guess is the best. Since your results usually prove out your chosen line, just trust what you've chosen and don't over think it. A golf psychologist told me to try and create a break between the left brain activity of figuring out the line, etc. and the right brain needing to take over to make the physical swing (putt). He recommended a "cleansing breath" (as it were) to facilitate the shift. Just my $.02.

Well, you know they say a mind is a terrible thing to get involved a golf swing. I guess that goes for putting too. It's like math tests, your first guess is the best. Since your results usually prove out your chosen line, just trust what you've chosen and don't over think it. A golf psychologist told me to try and create a break between the left brain activity of figuring out the line, etc. and the right brain needing to take over to make the physical swing (putt). He recommended a "cleansing breath" (as it were) to facilitate the shift. Just my $.02.

I am gonna give that a try. What really gets me is that some days the putt looks just right when I stand over it and the next day, I feel like I have to adjust my line. Perhaps some kind of break between lining up the ball and setting up where I just turn off everything except hitting the ball along the line I've already aimed it on. I may try not looking at the hole again after address.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Note: This thread is 6369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!