IGNORED

r7 "superquad" anyone seen it??

Note: This thread is 6267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit it yesterday and didn't like it at all, the sweet spot is very small on it, it looks stealthy but it's just not for me, but the Macgregor on the other hand.

Is that pretty much common across all TM drivers? I have an R7 425, and find it pretty difficult to hit consistently due to the small sweet spot. In retrospect, I probably should have gone with a different driver, but I'm sticking with it, since I don't really have the money for something new. I consider it a challenge to see if I can learn to hit it well. When I do hit it well, it goes, so that's good. I have a really low swing speed, probably hit the driver 235-240 normally, did hit one fluke 275, though.

The reason why the 425 is staying at 399.99 is b/c it's staying in the line for 07. The 460 while still in the line for now will no longer be produced...it will be phased out due to the superquad.

Darn it! It's been only a year for r7 460cc. So much for a life span.

I hit it yesterday and didn't like it at all, the sweet spot is very small on it, it looks stealthy but it's just not for me, but the Macgregor on the other hand.

If you compare r7 460cc and Superquad side by side (I did), Superquad's head is smaller but has deeper face and vice versa for r7 460cc. On the contrary, Superquad's sweet spot is larger. The center of gravity, however, is moved to the front to promote more penetrating trajectory. I think it is for those med to fast swingers looking for extra forgiveness and workability than r7 460cc. Figuratively, the Superquad is the type-R as in cars.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Yes, I have the 460 @ 10.5, with the Aldila NV shaft (stiff).

It's great. It has to be 10-15yrds longer than my Ping G2, with the same shaft/flex.

I haven't moved any of the weights around with my natural right to left ball flight, but I've played 27 holes with it and it's long and very workable. I'm no scratch golfer, but I can hack it around with most. It actually has a very considerable sweet spot and you don't get too penalized for off center strikes.

I'd recomend it to anyone with a 5-25 handicap, that's willing to put in the time. If you want a no-brainer straight, high and short driver, by one of the square, box-looking drivers out.

Good luck.

philfest
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

Is that pretty much common across all TM drivers? I have an R7 425, and find it pretty difficult to hit consistently due to the small sweet spot. In retrospect, I probably should have gone with a different driver, but I'm sticking with it, since I don't really have the money for something new. I consider it a challenge to see if I can learn to hit it well. When I do hit it well, it goes, so that's good. I have a really low swing speed, probably hit the driver 235-240 normally, did hit one fluke 275, though.

I was hittting an R7 only like like 235-255, I can hit the the Macgregor about 275 average, alot of people would be going crazy ofver the Macgregor driver if it had the Taylor Made or Titleist logo on it, but because of it's name people look right passed it. I got too look at the club cut in half, and the R7 cut in half, the sweet spot on the R7 is not much wider than a golf ball and doesnt go top to bottom, the ENTIRE face of the Macgregor is a sweet spot, I hit the macgreror on the very toe and still went 265 dont buy a club simply because it's whats cool

It wasn't because it was what was cool.. It's because it's a fine club and club manufaturer, as I'm sure that McGregor is.

50yrds further huh..... I guess we're to believe that because you say so, or because it sounds cool?
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

I was just stating my opinion, that's what you wanted, please pay $500 for a driver you can not hit, and call it a "challenge" to make yourself feel better about wasting all that money. You're doing exactly what TM wants you to do, but hey at least you look cool!

I was hittting an R7 only like like 235-255, I can hit the the Macgregor about 275 average, alot of people would be going crazy ofver the Macgregor driver if it had the Taylor Made or Titleist logo on it, but because of it's name people look right passed it. I got too look at the club cut in half, and the R7 cut in half, the sweet spot on the R7 is not much wider than a golf ball and doesnt go top to bottom, the ENTIRE face of the Macgregor is a sweet spot, I hit the macgreror on the very toe and still went 265 dont buy a club simply because it's whats cool

Which Macgregor driver are you talking about? I would like to look into it. I would like to get a new driver as my Nike driver is from 2003.

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

Note: This thread is 6267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!