IGNORED

Reshafting Irons

Note: This thread is 6331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need to know the average price for reshafting your irons to true temper dynamic gold....

I went to a Nike Retailer (I have Nike NDS) and their price is $340 for a set... 3-PW.... is that waaay overprice???

Where can I find some custom fitters locations on the internet?
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

I need to know the average price for reshafting your irons to true temper dynamic gold....

ronaldkuntoro,

$42 a club is a bit steep. What is the clubbuilder doing? If he's creating a consistent frequency profile, fine tuning swing weight, and balancing the clubs perfectly, then it may be worth the money. However, if he's just cutting and gluing, it's way over priced. Just to give you some reference, DG costs about $8 a club, and a Golf Pride Tour Velvet costs $2. So, is his final product worth $260 in labor?

The estimate you got is way overpriced!
You are fortunate to be in SF... there is a golf shop by the name of "Dogleg" very close to San Francisco State University and City College of SF...
The owner is Mr. Glenn Floyd and he is one of the best clubmakers in the area
I am sure he will do a great job with your irons at a very reasonable price!!!

p.s. if you go there please extend my best regards to Mr. Floyd and tell him that "itae", the italian-korean apprentice, referred you the place! (I used to be in his shop and try to learn a little bit of clubmaking and clubfitting around 4-5 years ago and Mr. Floyd's wise and experienced tips have transformed me in a better golfer and a better man!!!)
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I have reshafted the irons for a hundred buck with True Temper Dynalite at a Club ProShop. The shaft is a bit heavy, too heavy than I thought....

BTW, I was driving along Stonestown mall and SFSU, I don't see any golf shop with the name "Dogleg", do they have any website?
The estimate you got is way overpriced!

Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

I have reshafted the irons for a hundred buck with True Temper Dynalite at a Club ProShop. The shaft is a bit heavy, too heavy than I thought....

Hi Ronaldkuntoro,

I am sorry for not having posted it earlier... this is the exact contact info: Dogleg, Inc. 387 Ashton Ave San Francisco, CA 94112 (415) 334-1116 Owner: Glenn Floyd If you are familiar with Stonestown shopping mall and SFSU, get Junipero Serra Blvd (going North), make a right at Ocean Ave, at the 5th intersection make a right onto Ashton ave. The place is kind of small and it's not fancy i.e. Don Sherwood, Fry's etc. but Mr. Floyd is one of the best clubmakers in the area (he used to be Harvey Penick's student), and charges very reasonable prices. Trust me I am sure Mr. Floyd will help you out to make your clubs working! (he is old style, so you really want to listen to his advice...sometimes, his opinion might differ from what you think, but in the long run he is always right!) As far as the dynalite shafts... if those are heavy and you want to stick with steel... you want to try to use the Dynamic Gold SL. I got a set for my wife and they seem light enough...
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

ronaldkuntoro,

Give the dynalite's a chance. They are a touch heavier than the uniflex shafts you had before, but the softer tip will help increase carry and distance while the increased weight will help with tempo and accuracy. If you really dislike them, you should look into the Dynalite Gold Superlite , which is 7-8g lighter than the standard dynalite gold. They will be a simple cut and glue job, assuming the shop who did the work go the swing weight correctly the first time. Another shaft to consider would be the Nippon 950, light weight steel that's great for slower swingers.

I have Dynalite's in my Snake Eyes and for me they have performed pretty well if you like a high ball flight. They really are quite different from Dynamic Gold, which provides a much lower ball flight (gas_can can correct me if that is not right).

Here I am looking at 33.94 per club at Golf Town. That is for

DG S300 19.99 +$7.00 per shaft install
Golf Pride Tour Velvet Grip $5.95 + $1.00 per grip install

Total including 14% tax $309.53 for 3-pw

Taylor Made Burner TP 10.5*
Taylor Made Burner 15*
Taylor Made Burner 19*
Taylor Made Dual 19*
Taylor Made Dual 22*Srixon I-506 5pwSrixon WG 504 56*Callaway X Tour 60*Yes SophiaSrixon Z UR

Wow, things must be more expensive in Canada. I assume you listed those prices in Canadian dollars. If my conversion is right you are paying about $17 US dollars per shaft and about $5.06 per grip. At GolfWorks the current US prices are $9.39 (~ $11 Canadian) and $2.45 (~ $2.87 Canadian).

For $309 Canadian ($263 US) I could make a new set of irons!

Wow, things must be more expensive in Canada. I assume you listed those prices in Canadian dollars. If my conversion is right you are paying about $17 US dollars per shaft and about $5.06 per grip. At GolfWorks the current US prices are $9.39 (~ $11 Canadian) and $2.45 (~ $2.87 Canadian).

Ouch! Yeah its a bit pricey here.

Taylor Made Burner TP 10.5*
Taylor Made Burner 15*
Taylor Made Burner 19*
Taylor Made Dual 19*
Taylor Made Dual 22*Srixon I-506 5pwSrixon WG 504 56*Callaway X Tour 60*Yes SophiaSrixon Z UR

Note: This thread is 6331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!