IGNORED

New R11 TP 9* driver help pls.

Note: This thread is 4727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm keeping my r11. I was able to start hitting it again, so far I think that I was way too tense and I tried to overpower the swing. I went back to whipping the ball and try to relax and I hit it easier and much farther too. Still sometimes it became a knee high left to right flight, and some times I hit it close to the shaft, so I need to reconfigure and remember my previous swing to make it consistent again. Will see about it tomorrow.

Ok, I just got back from the range and I am hitting it better and better now. Maxed out at 270 yds before it lands and rolls further.

But I was only able to hit that shot a few times out of 50 balls.

With this kind of driver, the more you try to smack the ball with power, the more you hit the ball low / duck hook, isn't it?

Feels like this driver head and shaft doesn't have any forgiveness compared to my old R9 supertri TP

ANyone can tell me? I try to be as relaxed as possible and sometimes it's just so hard to be balanced as in between relaxed yet

fast. WHen I relaxed and just try to swing fast, the ball doesn't go anywhere... -_-

It could be that your overswinging, or ball position.  when I first got mine and adjusted it, I went at it as hard as possible to figure out my margin or error.  Now after taking my stance, I left the club head off of the ground to get a better idea where the ball is hitting the clubhead.  I found that if I didn't do this I would have a lot of heel shots.  When I do check before swinging...I get center hits and it's long and straight or baby fade.

With that said-try adjusting your alignment first and make sure your getting center hits!

Ok.... my driver is still sucking... I don't know what's going on with my swing, but that driver feels heavy compared to my R9 .

Called TM and they said it's practically the same driver only with extra sole adjuster.

Anyone got a good video for me to watch? specially from all angles?

Top of back swing, side and back would be great...

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 2 cents for what its worth....I always find that when I'm over-swinging it starts with grip pressure - as in I'm literally strangling the club and don't even realize it. Try starting out with lighter pressure on the grip, and focus on keeping a consistent tempo (I usually watch a clip or two of Luke Donald to get a mental picture of perfect, controlled tempo). Hope this helps!

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

I practically have no problems hitting my new driver now. It's a matter of tweaking the accuracy and power now. However, I have a hard time hitting my 3wood and 3h beyond 220 yds

Note: This thread is 4727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!