IGNORED

Hello from Austin

pond prowler
Note: This thread is 4882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone.  Been getting back into the game and reading this forum for the last couple weeks.  Seems like a great site!

I played a lot of golf and junior tournaments in middle school, but stopped playing consistently/competitively my freshman year of high school after making the varsity soccer team before moving up the ranks on the golf team (had to pick between the two...).  I stayed pretty connected with the game even in high school working at a driving range down the street from my house.  That was the best job I could've had as a teen.  Free range balls!

I lost touch with the game moving away to play college soccer and finally actually having to PAY to hit balls.  It still pains me to fork over cash to hit those things.  I'm now finishing up grad school at the University of Texas and trying to get out and play more when there's cash in the bank account and the bass fishing addiction subsides.  I was encouraged that my swing seems to still be there almost like riding a bicycle. Short game and pitch shots are a different story but coming around.  The golf obsession is starting to take over again...

Looking forward to hanging around here from time to time procrastinating from research.

Oh and BTW, don't be looking over your shoulder next time you hit your ball next to the drink because of my user name.  It's the name of my small bass boat that I've used as a user name on some local fishing forums.  Just trying to keep things simple...

Hit 'em long and straight!

Note: This thread is 4882 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!