IGNORED

Been playing for a year, seeing improvement, need practice

hoboscratch
Note: This thread is 4862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello. I'm a 33 yr old from Cedar Rapids, IA and got my first set of clubs last spring (2010). I played very casually my first year out, and didn't do much in terms of practice. This year I've been practicing more and watching some videos and reading a couple books to try to help myself improve. I've probably gotten out on the course as many times this year as I did all of last year.

Right now my biggest problem is getting my lower body involved, but its something I'm working on. I am seeing and feeling some improvement in my game though. My chipping is coming along nicely and I can usually get myself to the point where I will 2 putt a green. I am still struggling heavily with my driving and hitting anything that isn't on the fairway, as well as pitching.

Right now I have a Nike Slingshot HL 3-PW hybrid set, a SQ Dymo driver, and a nearly new Taylormade Tour Burner 56* as my SW. A simple Wilson putter, nothing special but it works for me right now. The Nike PW is supposedly 45*, so I was thinking of adding a 52* gap wedge to my bag.

I have already spent quite a bit of time lurking here and hope to get a lot more useful information as time goes on.

Aaron

Note: This thread is 4862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!