IGNORED

What is the best golf ball?

Note: This thread is 6277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have tried everything B330's, platinums, TP Red's, Pro V1's, and everything in between.

I am a low handicapper who needs consistency, I think it would help if I decided on one ball to play with the entire season.

I understand that I will have to do my own research, but if anyone out there has an opinion it would be greatly appreciated.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

ProV1x imo
Driver: SQ 9.5* w/ Aldila NV 65 Stiff
3 Wood: X-Tour 13* w/ Aldila NV 65 Stiff
Irons: 3-PW 695MB w/ True Tempor Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Vokey 250.08 Oil Can, 254.10 Oil Can, SM60.08 Tour Chrome
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3

I've been through most golf balls as well, before ENDING the search on the Pro V1X about (I think) 2 years ago. Nothing has as good all around feel or flight in my opinion. I will try a new ball every now and again (Taylor Made's most recently), but always end up back with Tileist.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

After reading my monthy golf mag im not sure anymore. They did the biggest test ever with every company (available in UK) sending every ball they had in there line.

After testing well over a hundred balls the end conclusion.....

MAKE YOUR DECISION- ITS WHAT EVER YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH AND CAN AFFORD!!!!

I though this was fair so from this my advice is that buy a few different brands and price ranges and see what ones you like.

And dont get drawn in by the "premium ball factor". The more oyu pay for a ball does not mean it is better. The expensive balls have more technolog and may perform a little better but i have found the best ball for me are SRIXON AD333.

AD333 may not perform the best but at least i dont cringe and cry as much if i hit one into the woods or the water.
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

You answered this question yourself it is a personal preference. If you answer the question what qualities do I need most in a ball, or are there weaknesses I need to minimize you can narrow it down a lot. Low handicappers usually are not distance challenged and are trying to control spin to optimize trajectory and short game control. The ball that gives you the trajectory and short game results you prefer is the one. High ball hitter, less spin or if your ball spins back excessively on the green. Low ball more spin, or if you like to work the ball more spin. Do like bump and run or like to flop the ball? Bump and run less spin, flop more. Online golf magazines usually put the balls in categories so once you narrow it down to a category pick a ball at your price point to try, and then stick with it for at least 6 rounds.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Everyone can attest to a ball preference being your OWN preference...I mean, if you can't seem to find CONSISTENCY with a ball, something tells me it isn't the ball.

For me, it will never be anything other than the PROV1x

For you, it may be the NXT tour?!? I like the B330S as well. I mean, you need to stick with one once you like it (not switching them out all the time), then you won't think about it, and you can worry about other things mentally, like, sinking your next putt...
Ping i15 8.5 Stock Stiff
Titleist 906F2 13* w/UST V2 FW 92g X

Titleist AP2 3-GW (KBS Tour)
Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl (56/60)

Titleist Cameron Futura 34" & Titleist ProV1x

I am playing the pro v1x prototype, It is basicly a bridgestone b330 made by titleist. I only play titleist because I get their balls free! I woul go with the 330s

I have tried everything B330's, platinums, TP Red's, Pro V1's, and everything in between.

In my opinon your handicap is not low enough. I play with tons of different balls because my trajectory is not consistant enough to say Prov1X is better than Bridgestone B330. I think there is too much BS on how golf balls handle. I have shot great rounds with super scuffed up balls. I buy what ever I can get cheap. Like Strata Tour Ace, Precept U Tri-Tour and Hogan Hawk. A friend of mine works at a country club and he only likes Pro V1x's. When I find them I save them for him and he gives me all the Callaways, Hogans, Pro V1's etc. As a matter of fact Dec. 29th I shot an 80 with a beat up Hogan Hawk. When you're Plus 2 and making a living on your golf flight then maybe it will make a difference what ball you play.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

TOP FLITE 2000's.....imo

Don't knock the "Buttery Feel" Top Flight.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I agree! There are too many people buying Pro V's boping that they will change there game. Its not about what ball you use it how you use it.

My advice would be though, once you found a ball you like stick with it. Then you will have confidence and also touch and feel will start to develop.
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

Note: This thread is 6277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!