IGNORED

Golf in Erie, PA

Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Thebandit

Besides Whispering Woods, does anyone know of a nice course in Erie?

Lake View, Kahkwa, Lawrence Park, and then (if you must), Lake Shore follow. All private, but not that hard to find someone who can get you on...

Downing's not too bad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

Note: This thread is 4822 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • Wordle 1,191 3/6* 🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 Biridie is nice - I think it’s a first to have all the letters and none in the right spot…. good to see the eagle @Clemsonfan  
    • Wordle 1,191 2/6* ⬛🟧🟧⬛🟦 🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧   After last week, it’s good to make an eagle!
    • I've been playing golf for quite a few years now, and one of the biggest issues I face on the course is staying focused, especially during the back nine. I often find that, after a strong start, my concentration begins to waver, and it affects my performance significantly. I'm curious if anyone else here experiences this kind of mental fatigue or distraction during a round and how you deal with it? One thing that I've noticed about myself is that I tend to get lost in thoughts unrelated to the game—thinking about work, what I have to do later, or even something completely random. I try to snap out of it, but it’s not always easy, especially when I'm walking between shots or waiting for others to take theirs. It's like my brain goes on autopilot, and before I know it, I've lost my rhythm. I recently started experimenting with different ways to maintain my focus and energy throughout the game. For instance, I try to stay present by focusing on my breathing or analyzing the terrain for my next shot. Sometimes, I set small goals for each hole, like aiming for a par on a difficult one, to keep myself engaged. But even with these strategies, I still find my mind wandering at times. What techniques do you all use to stay mentally sharp throughout an entire round? Do you have any rituals or tricks to bring your attention back to the game when it starts to drift? Another issue I’m facing is managing my physical energy during the game, especially on longer courses. By the time I hit the back nine, I sometimes feel like I'm running out of steam, and that, in turn, makes it harder to focus mentally. I've tried staying hydrated and keeping some snacks in my bag for energy, but I feel like there might be a better way to sustain both physical and mental endurance. One thing that inspired me was seeing how runners use tools like running trackers to stay on top of their physical performance. For those who may not know, a running tracker is a tool designed to monitor various metrics during a run, such as distance.. It often includes features like a live running mapping tool, which allows runners to see their real-time progress and adjust their routes if necessary. The precision in tracking these stats helps runners optimize their training by providing immediate feedback on their performance. While running and golf are quite different, the concept of tracking physical stats like heart rate or steps taken gave me an idea. If I could monitor how my energy levels fluctuate throughout a round, it might help me figure out when I’m most likely to lose focus and take some preventative steps. Has anyone else used anything like this during a round of golf? I feel like it could be a game changer, not just for fitness, but for keeping my mind in the game as well. I’ve also been thinking about how to better manage the time between shots. Sometimes, I have a few minutes to kill before it’s my turn, and that’s when my focus tends to slip the most. I’ve tried practicing my swing during this downtime or visualizing the next shot, but I’m not sure if this is helping or just distracting me further. I’ve heard some people like to chat with their partners or listen to music between shots to stay loose, but I worry that this might make it even harder for me to get back in the zone. For those of you who have been playing for a while, how do you deal with the downtime during a round? Is there a specific routine or mindset you use to stay locked in from the first tee to the final putt? And how do you prevent distractions from creeping in during these moments? In the end, I think my biggest challenge is staying consistent, both mentally and physically, throughout the entire round. I know that the key to improving my game lies not just in practicing my swing or perfecting my short game, but in building better habits for focus and energy management. Any advice or tips you could offer from your own experience would be really appreciated. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how to tackle these challenges!
    • Day 252 - Backswings with MirrorVision. 
    • Day 66: some mirror work on my backswing.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...