IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The golf club that looks really tempting to me is the TM r7, but there is not as many opinions as the other clubs. It seems to me that the mx-25 and the 755 are the most popular out of the three, so if someone could compare the three possibly. Are the 755 going to be to hard to hit with my Handicap?

The sales guy at my local shop recommended the R7's. I just didn't like them at all. I tried and tried, just never gave me a good swing or feel. I never tried the 755's to compare to the other clubs I tired.

See my 'signature' below...Callaway Fusion.

Nice mixture of a fairly traditional look with marked game improvement characteristics.

If you like the more modern look, the X-20s are fantastic.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ping G2 irons, I have the high launch set. Pros for me are the ease of making contact and getting the ball airborne (3 iron is actually my fav), the finish is very durable as well. Cons are the size and shape, and difficulty in moving the ball other than in a straight line.

I am actually in the market to upgrade, admittedly I am a bit intimidated to move up to S59s right now, but the G5s are not that much different to justify the cost of a new set....maybe the S59s one day soon.

I prefer Ping for personal reasons, but I don't think you can go wrong with other brands out there.

907D2 10.5*
F60 15*
Rapture 18, 21 hybrids
S58 5-PW
Tour 52, 56, 60 degree wedges Newport 2.5 TP Black Edge bag

Tour Edge Comp 950

2nd set of irons I've ever had (my dad bought them for me). I'm hoping to get a new set of irons within the next year ... will definitely look to get fitted for a set (I really like the way the Callaway x20 irons look).

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I play Wilson Fat Shafts.

Driver: SasQuatch 460 Tour (10.5* w/ stiff Diamana Blue Board 83)
3-wood: Ti Bubble 2
Hybrid: 3DX Ironwood (20* w/ stiff UST V2); 3DX Genex (17* w/ stiff stock shaft)
Irons: MP-60 4- PW
Wedges: MP-R (52*-7, 56*-10)Putter: Bettinardi C-02

Daiwa Golf Mid Plus Irons ... I'll be pretty surprised if anyone has even seen these irons :) Daiwa sold out to Carbite a few years back and that spelled the end of their golf endevor, they still do fishing poles tho, and make good ones at that ...

taylor made best ever. period. flat out best. ive hit about every iron out there. taylor made by far the best. that is why i switched to all taylor made clubs except a cobra driver. the burner sucked to me. DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW BURNER IRONS FOR 07 ARE COMING OUT?? I saw them but it didnt have a release date
What's In My 2006 r7 Stand Bag...

r7 XR Japan 10.5
200 Series 3 Wood
Burner Rescue 3 rac HT 4-PW rac fe2o3 56*,60* Rossa Daytona 1 Sport hat w/ Adidas Apparel

I play Ping ISI K irons, and only carry 5-SW, plus Cleveland 60 degree wedge. I play Ping's because that's what I was given (Karsten I) by the generous relative who taught me the game.

I still have the Karsten I set, but retired them and put the ISI irons in play about three years ago.

I am about to start shopping for a new set and don't really like the new Pings. It will be a fun search, and I am considering Callaway, TaylorMade and Mizunos to test and get fitted for by Christmas.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

Why venture away from Pings? They're a mid handicappers best friend.

BTW, as my sig shows, I play HiBores. They're awesome. It's like cheatin'.

Nike Sweet 16

Callaway Steelhead Plus 19*

Srixon I-701 3-P

Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 52* & 58*

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3

KZG Evolutions in the main bag

Horsepower Forged in Bag #2

Infiniti 422's in Bag #3

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

G Prez: that's a question I am still asking myself. It honestly comes down to not liking the look of the most-likely-suspect Pings (Rapture or G5s) even as I drool a little when I look at the new Ping irons (i10 and g10).

The other part of it is me wanting to try something different as I try to lower my handicap, and the desire to have my first set of brand new, fitted-for-me clubs (had ISI set lie angle adjusted after buying them used from Play It Again.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!