IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Ping Green Dot G10 with the steel shaft +1/4" length

Best thing I ever did was get fitted for these clubs.
My accuracy and distance is so much more consistent that I have a hard time believing it!

Jamie

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning of the season, I played the Northwestern Concorde irons, but they were a piece of you know what. I got these 8 years ago from my father for Christmas as a way to get me into golf. They were serviceable until I decided to get really serious, which was this summer. I ordered the Titleist AP1's and could not be happier. Best 700 dollars a spent.

In My Ogio Grom Bag:

Driver: Taylormade r7 Superquad 460 CC
3 & 5 Wood: Cobra LD M Speed Offset
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler DWSIrons: Titleist AP1 4I-GW Sand Wedge: Callaway WarbirdPutter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Glove: Footjoy WeathersofShoe: Footjoy PRO Saddle DryjoyBall: Titleist NXT...

i know this will sound so cliche and it's not because Tiger uses them, but I swear by Nike's. I have the pro combos now and will soon be upgraded to the Nike Forged blades. I know I know, what's a 15 hc doing with forged blades you ask? its my driving that costs me my strokes. haha.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

See signature

In my SX76 StaDry
Woods: G15 9.0° BB Stiff, G10 14°
Hybrids: i15 20°, Rapture 24°
Irons: AP2 5-PW
Wedges: SM Vokey 51°, 56°, 60° Putter: Circa '62 No. 2 (Gun Metal Blue) Ball: ProV1

Macgregor M565 forged. I played my best round ever and my worst round ever after getting them. I need to get back out there and redeem myself.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

I've had my MP-37's for about 3 seasons now and they are the best forged blade I've ever played. They are relatively easy to work the ball and mishits are not as severe as some of the older forged blades. 25 years ago I had a set of MacGregor MT irons in Highschool that if you mishit them you would lose 20 yards,,,lol.

I bleed Mizuno Blue but I have to admit those new 2008 MacGregor MT Pro-M irons look mighty sweet! I'd love to demo them to see how they feel!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

• 3 weeks later...
Which irons do you use? Pros and cons.

I have Mizuno's Mp 60 4-7 and Mp 32 8 & 9 with 5.0 PX shafts. I have disassembled them, weighed the heads so they are 6-8 gr apart and spined the shafts. I really like the way they hit now. Becuz Mizuno was so inflexable I'll never buy new Mizuno's again. Love the product, detest the customer service, but thats just me.

This is funny, I just searched an this will be my 3rd post.. shows how messed up I am!
So, let me combine all into this (unless ibuy new irons)
Ok, had 2 sets of irons when I started this season, R7XD's and Old Set of hogan Edge's to try out and mess around with. Then, I sold the Hogan's and rode the R7's till, I had a geniuos idea along with my other idea to re-do my swing, I traded R7's for some Mizzy MP-30's, which were great feel, but I couldn't hit em on the sweet spot very often and it totally ruined my scoring and my game... so I traded them, for the set I have now, which I've been able to hit and I like them alot ALOT, Callaway X-Forged w/ Project X 5.0 shafts. I like them alot!

Pete

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

Titleist 762's for me.

They provide the workability of blade but also with a touch of forgiveness.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Note: This thread is 5592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!