IGNORED

Help me choose new irons

Note: This thread is 6253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Help me pick my new IRONS

• Callaway X-Forged
    • Mizuno MP 60's
    • Taylor Made R7 TP's

What Irons Do I Choose:

1) Mizuno MP 60's
2) Taylor Made R7 TP's
3) Callaway X-Forged
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

have you played / demo'd all three? I have only hit the MP-60's and loved them, but I'm an 11 cap and found the long irons a bit too much for my swing...i.e., I struggled to hit them well consistantly.

I have demoed the Mizuno 60's and loved them but like leaf said the long irons were a bit hard to hit. I have been playing the x-tours for a month or so and love them. So that makes me biased lol...

In the bag:
Driver-:Launcher
Hybrid-:Srixon hybrids 3
Irons 4-PW-:
Wedges- Callaway X-tour "Mack Daddies"Putter-:mizuno bettinardiBall- Pro V1 ZUR c Bridgestone B330SThey call me the bus driver cuz I'll be taken your ass to school!!!!

Philfest.....
you gotta keep the R7s .... I just love these the more I hit them.....
I understand why I people like the MP60s b/c of its pure butter like feeling but you just don't get punished for any mishits with the TM R7s...my dispersion pattern right now is so tight it's crazy....this comes from a guy that used the Mizuno MP32, Titleist 735cm and most recently MX-25 in the past ....the r7s are the 1st set of cast irons I have used in a long time and I don't miss the forged irons feel with these clubs....

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

I will say that all 3 are great irons and it won't really matter which one of them you choose because it's like choosing Benz, BMW or Lexus. They are all great clubs and it really is up to you.

I will just put the pros and cons that I feel but final call is yours.

Taylormade r7 TP
Pros: They are very forgiving and gives a great feel even coming from a cast iron. Because they are cast they also last longer. Great workability and distance. Design is very stiking and lots of tour usuage (due to sponsorships but still). Tons of technology in the iron head. You can also adjust lie angles even though they are cast.

Cons: Not as soft as the forged irons but still better than most other cast irons in the market. Most difficult to clean off the dirt stuck in between the cavity after play.

Mizuno MP60
Pros: Probably the softest feel amongst the three you mentioned. Great control and feel. Workability is best in my personal preference. Very accurate in terms of direction. Dispersion is reduced in great amount compared to my RAC LTII. Great looks without much distraction. Lie angle and loft adjustment is of course very easily done. Price is also reduced in my region so definitely a bargain. This iron is sexy.

Cons: Wears off easily in sacrifice for it's softness. Might not be able to get too much resale value at the end. Distance is also reduced maybe by half a club length. But on shots that were dead center... Distance was increased compare to my RAC LTII.

Callaway X-Forged
Pros: Good feel and Project X is standard shaft. Great feel and control as well. Forged so again lie angle and loft adjustment can be easily done. Nice X design. Lots of tour usage. Very forgiving and easy to clean off the dirt after play unlike TM r7 TP.

Cons: Most expensive out of the three. Slight distance loss compared to last year's X-Tour irons. First forged iron from Callaway so I might wait for the next one? Usually first launched items have more defects but I don't know if that applies in this case. Maybe not defects but something...

So good luck with your choice. But as I said all are great clubs and you will play well with any of them if you have a great swing.

Edit: I chose Mizuno for feel and playability.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Personally, I'm buying the Cobra FP's but you didn't mention those. The next best clubs I've hit are the R7's. But it's a personal preference. The r7's feel better but I hit the cobras more consistent.

Philfest.....

I have them both now, the MP32's and the R7 TP's. You're right about the R7's, they're a great club and there's nothing wrong with them. I don't know why, but I'm just looking for something more.... I'm never satisfied?

I've hit the MP32's, but I haven't yet played a round with them ( I will this weekend), but they just look so damned good and inspiring. I don't know what the decision's going to be yet, but I do know that I can play the R7 TP's; 84, 82 & 83, the first 3-rounds with them. If the MP32's are in anyway better than these, then they'll stay in the bag and the R7's will be the back-up for the "not so friendly" days.
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

Note: This thread is 6253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!