IGNORED

new driver look?

Note: This thread is 6259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been off the forums for quite some time, and i apologize if theres already a thread like this, but what does everyone think of the new more square looking driver heads?

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

I haven't hit it yet But The FT-i looks alright, if a bit weird from address.
I would be interested to hit it

In the Bag

FT-3 10* Draw
Big Bertha 04 3 wood 15*
Heavenwood Hybrid 2H 17* Big Bertha 06 irons 3-SW White Hot XG #1 Putter Fusion Tour Staff Bag Hx Tour BallI'm a bit of a junky

I think they look gay, but I also said the same thing of the hybrids before I hit one.

Haha... yeah, I agree. I didn't think I'd ever carry a hybrid or 7 wood but yeah, I've got a 2i Halo now. I still prefer the more traditional driver and fairway wood look though. But who knows, if I hit one I might change my mind

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I think they look rediculous personally, however not having yet hit one I cannot say they are junk or anything. I don't care what it looks like at address, it's what the golf ball looks like as it shoots straight down the fairway as opposed to slicing or hooking O.B. that really matters to me.

I can't wait until I get a chance to hit one of those square jobbers on the range, it should be fun. I couldn't even get used to the regular Nike SQ driver, that to me looks awkward and hard to get used to.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I tried he Nike driver and didn't hit any better than my driver. Hate the ping sound from the Nike.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

My main concern is how the ball direction and flight look after impact, rahter than how the driver looks at address (or anywher for that matter). That being said, I recently purchased a Hi-Bore XL driver which is not traditionally shaped for that matter. In contradiction to my first sentence, one of the reasons I took interest in this particular driver is the scoop top, which to me makes it look more like a 3 Wood than driver (it's still a huge driver, but the scoop plays mind games with me). Since my 3 wood gives me much confidence off the tee, I decided to go on a simulator and do a head to head comparison to my Launcher Comp. After it was all said and done, the Hi-Bore performed better than my launcher, and this being the ultimate goal I made the purchase based on performance and personal preference that gives me more confidence at address.

Therefore, I believe that if the driver gives you more confidence and you get an increase in performance it is a good choice.

Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5*, Fit-On Red Shaft
3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha 16*
Hybrid: HiBore 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW, 2* Flat
Wedges: CG11 50* (2*Flat),54*(1*Flat),58*(1*Flat) Low Bounce AllPutter: Yes! DiannaBall of Choice: Srixon AD333, Wilson ZIP, TF Gamer

My main concern is how the ball direction and flight look after impact, rahter than how the driver looks at address (or anywher for that matter). That being said, I recently purchased a Hi-Bore XL driver which is not traditionally shaped for that matter. In contradiction to my first sentence, one of the reasons I took interest in this particular driver is the scoop top, which to me makes it look more like a 3 Wood than driver (it's still a huge driver, but the scoop plays mind games with me). Since my 3 wood gives me much confidence off the tee, I decided to go on a simulator and do a head to head comparison to my Launcher Comp. After it was all said and done, the Hi-Bore performed better than my launcher, and this being the ultimate goal I made the purchase based on performance and personal preference that gives me more confidence at address.

Interesting post. I have the Comp and was considering the HiBore but just couldn't get past the looks. I'll take the scoop back in a hybrid but not sure about the others. Of course, I haven't yet hit the HiBore and if it were to perform better than my Comp, yeah, I'd probably buy one

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Interesting post. I have the Comp and was considering the HiBore but just couldn't get past the looks. I'll take the scoop back in a hybrid but not sure about the others. Of course, I haven't yet hit the HiBore and if it were to perform better than my Comp, yeah, I'd probably buy one

If you hit the Hibore, hit the XL. I have all four (original Launcher, the Comp, and the Hibore) and the XL is a significant improvement to the regular Hibore.

I'm keeping the XL for my Cleveland set I have at my vacation home (Philippines).

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

i think the headcover for those stupid square drivers would take up half of my bag. I think they look stupid also.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

i think the headcover for those stupid square drivers would take up half of my bag. I think they look stupid also.

Stupid long and straight...my brother in law just bit the bullet and bought one. I hit that monstrosity and it is hot and so easy to hit...just can't get past the look. That is why I ended up getting the Superquad...more traditional look (for a 460cc head) and just as long or longer than the FTi.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I have hit the Hi-bore and love it but.. I just can't get used to looking at it.
I tried the square Nike at Golfsmith this past weekend. Same story, can't handle looking at that goofy head. And the sound was hilarious, both guys next to me stopped swinging and started laughing after I hit it.

Note: This thread is 6259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!