IGNORED

Is the Sun Mountain Three 5 a decent bag?

Note: This thread is 4726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Currently I use a big Titleist cart bag on a Speed Cart but my van broke down this week so I'll be driving my Miata for awhile and I can't fit both easily.

I'm kinda cheap so I like to walk my local course and was thinking of getting a stand bag with good carry straps. Well as luck would have it some guy on Craigslist won a 3/5 in a bar and flipped it for $20. This bag retails for $180 and I scored it for only 20! Still has the tags on it.

So should I resell it or game it?

Is there currently a far better carry bag available? Ping Hoofer or SM Four 5 perhaps?

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, not sure how I posted this in the club section and not the bag forum.

David

was going to ask about fitting a bag in the trunk of a miata since im thinking of buying one, but as it turns out, google is my friend.  either way, this topic is of interest to me.  my callaway bag is starting to tear up, and i need a good light carry bag.

Cart or carry bags fit OK in a Miatas trunk providing you remove the driver and nestle it in by itself. A second bag will fit nicely behind the seats with the top down but be careful if you have a glass rear window under that soft top.

David

Note: This thread is 4726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Okay, I had these two assumptions wrong. That would be my premise for hitting driver. I promise I'm not high.. lol. Fair enough. 
    • Wordle 1,110 4/6 ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Wider than most fairways, yes (thus why I don't hit 100% of my fairways), but most holes I play have 65+ yds between hazards (or areas where I can't easily advance my ball to nGIR) so the majority of the time when I hit driver I am able to find it and have a reasonable look at the green.  That would not necessarily be the case on this hole, especially because a mishit driver brings those left trees into play.   PGA Tour players average 2.82 strokes to hole out from 40yds in the bunker and 3.15 strokes to hole out from 60yds in the bunker.  2.82 strokes to hole out from the fairway is like 110yds and 3.15 strokes to hole out from the fairway is like 190yds.  Now granted I would only have that 50yd bunker shot 1/3 of the time, but it's still a VERY difficult shot especially for amateurs.   Haha trust me I love chasing birdies, but I'm averaging 2.78 birdies per round this year so that's not my issue, I need to make less bogies (5.2 per round) and doubles (0.42 per round) 
    • Vishal, what are you doing here? PGA Tour players are about 65 yards wide, often 70. Huh? A 50-yard bunker shot is one of the toughest shots in golf. Are you okay? 🤣
    • Day 608, July 3, 2024 Played 18 holes with a student. White tees. Wasn't really working on my stuff, but hit some really good shots. Drove 16 to the pin-high rough 3" from the fringe. Hit some tremendous long irons.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...