IGNORED

A new driver can make the difference!

chadw97
Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am 14 years old and with my Maxfli driver that came with my set, I could hit the ball maybe up to only 200 yards. However, I upgraded to a Taylormade Burner 2009 and I can now hit the ball like 250 yards. 50 yards further! I also cut like 5 strokes off my game.

Note: This thread is 4660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • New clubs came in this morning and I happened to be working in the area so I picked them up. PING G430 Max 3W (-1.5°) with PING Tour 2.0 Black 75, X-Stiff at -1/2" PING G430 3H with PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85, X-Stiff Those replace my old fairway wood and hybrid, making all 14 clubs in my bag fitted. I'm going to need new excuses for bad shots 😜
    • Ooh, I don't know about that. I've hit flop shots that are 6-7° down. The more you widen the spin loft the less ball speed you put into the ball.
    • Re: your graphic, ‘ I expected a little more from a varsity letterman.’ Lol…just another one for @boogielicious
    • Can't brag about a 50 last night but it was the best round of my season (4 rounds of 9 holes) so I am not as upset as I could be.  One thing I am noticed is that I got a little more confident in my long hybrids and I attempted a couple longer shots that typically I would just lay up and those holes were a big part of the lower score.  Not every shot was great but good enough that they helped.  I even shot par on a Par 5 after taking a drop.  On that hole I would usually lay-up to @ 100 yards and often miss the green altogether with my 3rd shot (or worse chunk my approach and put it in the waste area).  Yesterday I went for it from @ 200 yards out with wind in my face and landed in the waste area short of the green.  My drop left @ 40 yards in and I stuck it to 3 feet for my par putt.  If I had laid up I would have avoided the penalty stroke but likely would not have been on the green in regulation and may still have been working for par.  By going for it I gave myself a chance at birdie and still saved par. I do not plan on being crazy aggressive but I think I tend to be too conservative at times so I will "go for it" a little more often going forward. 
    • Day 14 (15 May 24) - Worked with the SW in the backyard, short pitches from 10yds up to 30yds.   Focused on ball placement in stance - ball back, ball forward, ball center.  Afterwards moved to inside the shop to work on putting pace on the rug - putting one way gives about an 8' putt, going the other a 6' before bumping onto the adjacent rug.  Focused there on the line - picking a target point about 18"-24" out and making sure the ball rolls through that point. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...