IGNORED

Hands on review of Titleist 910 D3 Driver

Note: This thread is 4630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've about had it with my aging Taylor Made R5  8.5 Stiff.. The launch angle is too high, or I get way to much draw when I go with a more aggressive grip or stance..  It's the only club in the bag that gives me fits.. I hate to mess with my swing JUST for one club.. So....

I'm looking at going with a new driver that has adjustable settings..  How does the new Titleist 910 series stack up against the rest.??  I'm looking for first hand experience.. Any help would be great..

I struggled with my driver for months, so I booked a fitting with Titleist hoping that a swing change had altered the way the club reacted to my swing and a shaft change might help. I spent a good hour with the 445cc head. Not sure if thats the D2 or 3. On the range, I was hitting my driver well on this day and it didnt matter what shaft he threw in the Titleist, it was not longer than my, back then, MP600. They feel ok, but the shaft has a lot to do with that feel. I finally got a good launch with low spin but it was only 1-2yds longer than my 600 and not worth $560 for a new one. I tried not to mess with the open/closed options as that does not fix you swing issues. But if you fade or draw the ball with every shot, they can help to straighten you out. I now have a Callaway Octane Tour. Its the shit, but Im not convinced the PX shaft give is justice.

i highly rate my 910 driver. I have the same high launch ball flight and ocassionaly draw the ball hard when i go after it to much. I have my 9.5 driver set -0.75 degrees, and 0.75 degrees flat and it suites me perfectly.

The only thing to try out is the different heads. The d2 is the bigger head with more forgiveness and the d3 is slightly smaller but more workable. That said i opted for the d2 after back to back testing as i could work it just as much as the smaller headed one

910D2 9.5 Stiff

906F3 PT 3 wood Stiff

Pro100 Blades 3-PW X100

Vintage 52 and 60 wedge

C67

I love my 910D3.  I tested it back to back with the D2 and liked the D3 better because I have a naturally high ball flight and even at 9.5* the D2 still went a tad high for me (the D2's COG is lower than the D3's hence the higher ball flight).  As noted, the D2 is theoretically more forgiving but less workable.  It has a bigger head (460cc vs. 445cc for the D3).

Prior to this I had a Razr Hawk (neutral, non-tour).  The Razr Hawk was probably longer overall but for me it was a left machine (square face) whereas the D3 is straighter for me and I'm more consistent with it.  And I can hit the D3 long enough for me (~250 - 260 yards on average).

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

Note: This thread is 4630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!