IGNORED

Beginning to Suspect Something about Golf Ball Manufacturers

Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am beginnng to suspect after todays round that all golf ball manufacturers every once in a while put a golf ball in the packages  that are attracted to trees and water...........................................................................................

I would agree and so would my brother.  My brother and I are always on the endless search for "our favorite ball", which we have yet to find.  What we will do is each buy a different dozen and then switch 6 balls so we have enough to truely get a feel for the ball.  Last summer we tried the Penta ball, I swear the first four he hit were one hit wonders, never to be hit again.  He never got a good feel for how they played until he found one on the course and played it for a couple of rounds!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • Eh. Do your hips back when they swivel like he demonstrates? Or do they tend to go forward as they rotate?
    • Uh, that's not what happened. I'm highly dubious about how your results would work going forward, you showed nothing about your setup, etc. I trust the physics (your 3 dB over a meter is off substantially) and sound engineers over claimed "good" results.
    • I actually really like the video. I feel like it speaks to my own issues of hip movement (lunge towards the ball). I think he also presents a very good and detailed explanation of the why from biomechanical perspective, not forcing the clubs in position and instead let it work a proper planar path by providing it space (hip swivel) the most efficient way. As far as tech speak/catch phrases etc., that some may not like, it doesn't bother me and even necessary. For eg., the spiral line sounds like it is the same thing as a kinematic chain, but directionally specific along with the set of muscles joints it engages. If the club is not dynamically aligned to the 'spiral line' it will force other compensation like locking joints, etc. That's simple logic, and from my perspective not brought up enough. Good stuff.
    • Thanks! it was a fun experiment and I hope is going to be useful for people that like to go down the rabbit hole like i do but can't afford a launch monitor or even a cheap speed meter. Of course I'm glad the results were positive, even better than I spected, but it is funny to see that only you took the time to post after the results were given, the only one in the thread that was open minded about the idea. The other posters that daily brought down the idea without proper arguments or proof, disappeared after been confronted with actual data. Maybe they are testing this by themselves and are in shock that they are getting the same results as me!     
    • It would certainly be a good thing if more people would at least give walking the course a chance, but "great crime" is awfully melodramatic.  On the Faxon end, I think he's probably just speculating that these guys might be new to golf. That position when teeing up the ball normally suggests that. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that newbies would be riders. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...