IGNORED

Need recommendations/comments on new set

Note: This thread is 6232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well...I was going to go on a golfing trip to California, but someone broke into my car and stole my clubs. Good thing I had a back-up set at home.

My old set:

Driver: Titleist 905R with YS-6 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Ping G2
5 Wood: Ping G2
Hybrid: Adams Classic
3-PW: Mizuno T-Zoid True
GW: Cleveland CG10
SW: Cleveland 588
LW: Cleveland 588
Putter: Odyssey #1

My new set:

Driver: Titleist 905R with NV stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 980f w/ Fujikara Speeder stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made (last year's model)
3-PW: Titleist 695cb
GW (50 degree): Titleist Vokey 200
SW (54 degree): Titleist Vokey Spin Milled
LW (58 degree): Titleist Vokey Spin Milled
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport

I got the above set in 9/10 condition for about $1100. I'm having trouble deciding between the 695cb and the 755s. I went to the range and I hit them equally well. The 755s were a tad more forgiving, and the mishits were about equal with both.

If I want the 755s, I need to dish out about $130 more even though the 695s are in better condition. I'll usually hit in the mid to upper 80s. My strengths is my iron game. I'm weak around the fringe. Do you have any suggestions/comments on this set? I'm also open to other irons. I have a 30-day exchange warranty.

Thanks.

Driver: Titleist 905R with Aldila NV stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 909f2 w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Club 19*
4-PW: Titleist 695cb
GW (50 degree): Titleist Oil Can Vokey 250SW (54 degree): Titleist Vokey Oil Can Spin MilledLW (58 degree): Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Scotty...

First thing I'd do is get that bag down to 14 clubs. Your wedge setup seems a little excessive. Assuming that your PW is 47 or 48, I'd get a 52 and ditch the 50 and 54.

What's in the bag?

Driver: r7 425, 9.5*, ReAx 65 S
Hybrid: FT, 14*, Aldila NV Hybrid 85 S 350
Hybrid: 585H, 21*, Aldila NV Hybrid 85 SIrons: MP 57, 3-PW, DGS300Wedges: CG10, 54, 58Putter: White Hot #4Ball: ProV1x

First thing I'd do is get that bag down to 14 clubs. Your wedge setup seems a little excessive. Assuming that your PW is 47 or 48, I'd get a 52 and ditch the 50 and 54.

The Titleist 695cb's PW is 46 degrees...that's why i went with the 50, 54, and 58. I'll probably take out the 3-iron, too.

GW (50 degree): Titleist Oil Can Vokey 250SW (54 degree): Titleist Vokey Oil Can Spin MilledLW (58 degree): Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Scotty...

I would say keep the wedges, short-game is of top importance to lower your handicap to the single digits. Get that 3-iron out of there unless you play a course where you need a lot of low running shots...but then again you have your hybrid in there, which has you hit them high...so make a decision which one to take out.

As to the irons, they are both fantastic clubs, pick the ones that feel the best and the one whose look you prefer, since you said you hit them both equally well.

Can't go wrong with a scotty putter, practice practice practice and you should be fine!
THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

I would say keep the wedges, short-game is of top importance to lower your handicap to the single digits. Get that 3-iron out of there unless you play a course where you need a lot of low running shots...but then again you have your hybrid in there, which has you hit them high...so make a decision which one to take out.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm going to try to go to the range today to make my final decision.

Thanks again.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm going to try to go to the range today to make my final decision.

I stuck with the 695 CBs and got them custom fitted. My lie angle is 2 1/2 degrees upright. I've been hitting clubs for 10+ years with the wrong lie angle. I immediately felt the difference just hitting balls into the net at the store. Pure shots felt more...pure. I can't wait to go to hit my "new" clubs now.

I stuck with the 695 CBs and got them custom fitted. My lie angle is 2 1/2 degrees upright. I've been hitting clubs for 10+ years with the wrong lie angle. I immediately felt the difference just hitting balls into the net at the store. Pure shots felt more...pure. I can't wait to go to hit my "new" clubs now.

so what you shoot with the new custom built set man? custom fitting is a beauitful thing! hope you shot under par!
THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

so what you shoot with the new custom built set man? custom fitting is a beauitful thing! hope you shot under par!

I haven't got a chance to play with them yet. My sticks won't be ready until Monday.

Note: This thread is 6232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!