IGNORED

Ryder Cup format tournaments

Pope33
Note: This thread is 4578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Playing in my third one of the season this weekend. This one is a 9-9-9 tourney. Love them! And I seem to step up my play in them.

My favorite is the alternate shot holes......and true alternate shot, not this modified version.

Do you guys like them, and which part? Why?

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated

Just played in one of these this weekend. We lost the Alternate shot by one on the 9th hole, we won 2&1 on the second 9 to push the match, and I won the singles match 2&1, should have been 5&4, but I had a little too much to drink and short putts became a bit harder to make lol. Overall I had a great time, I am already looking forward to playing again next year. The only thing I didnt like was that there were numerous teams with guys in handicap groups that had no reason for being there. My buddy played in the 17+ flight and the 2 guys he played against were easily single digit handicappers. Being that this was for fun/bragging rights between 8 teams (5 courses), I just thought it was a bit bush league.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

• 2 weeks later...

Will be hosting one of these tourneys in early November.  It will be a two day 36 event, we will be playing 18 holes at my place vs the membership of another club and finish with 18 holes at the opposing club.  Looking forward to it and will let you know how it goes.

Note: This thread is 4578 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• If you're on the bubble about buying one don't take my opinion, I'm just lazy that way. @klineka bought one and I think he's Ok with it. 
    • Plus the quote should be ‘Matter cannot be created or destroyed’. - Antoine Lavoisier, father of modern chemistry. Side note: he was guillotined in the French Revolution. These guys remind me of Bryson DeChamblow. They use buzz words that most with think make them sound smart. Sad part is people who actually know see right through them.
    • Seems like the guy belongs to a track over in Tampa that has not aged very well. Probably has some Orlimar Tri-metals in the pro shop for sale. Kind of make me want to take a road trip. 
    • Just critiquing the article.  He is misquoting energy being created or destroyed. The energy conservation is more around systems, and accounting for energy in the system. This is why thermodynamic equations end with some sort of variable, usually entropy. Heat loss is a common energy loss that must be accounted for to balance the thermodynamic equation. Let's say you have a car engine, if you write out the thermodynamic equation, at the end you need to account for the heat generated as a loss. We haven't found a way to redirect heat effectively as energy into a mechanical system for use.  I would say certain movements in the golf swing do either promote more power or less power. Power being swing speed. All that energy is known, it isn't like any system is claiming they are breaking the laws of thermodynamics.  I get the guy wants to sound professional here, I get his gripe, but don't misuse physics please. 😛 Not sure I believe that. If you practice the movements, specifically enough, you will make a swing change. If it is good or not depends. I do not think a golfer can become so ascribed to a system, and believe it makes them better, then it does make them better. There might be some confidence level here, so maybe some measurable result could be found. It could be gaslighting as well. Unless you track the scores out, a person might believe they are better when they are not.  Maybe for some, but I do not believe all of these instructors are after this. I think the golf instructor might just be bad at realizing how long it takes to make a swing change, and a good result might not actually be due to their instruction, but just variance. So, it might just be a bad assumption on the instructor's part. I do not think it is all, "Oh, if I can just make every good shot sound like it is me improving them, I got them roped in for x amount more lessons." There could be more "snake oil" salesman out there than I think. I think a lot of special programs are designed as to get to know the instructor. An instructor's business is to get clients. I do not see these sorts of promotions, camps, or what not as a scam. What if an instructor is like, buy one get one free lesson. Or, buy one adult lesson and a kid gets a free lesson. It could be a way to get a kid into the game if they are interested. This could be done by any type of instructor; method, system, or whatever.  From my experience, at least at the places I have been to or instructors I have happen to oversee teach. Most of them do use cliche's, or drills to fix a common problem. They may not be hitting on the exact issue, but it is what they know. I wouldn't categorize it as a method, or as the writer gave an example, Stack and Tilt. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...