IGNORED

Navigating to previous page not working in Firefox

sacm3bill
Note: This thread is 4531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As of yesterday, navigating to a previous page on the Sandtrap site appears to be broken on Firefox. Neither the backspace key nor the left arrow button is working.  I am seeing this on two different computers, both running Firefox 8.0 (latest version, and last update was prior to seeing this issue). Navigating to the previous page still works for any other site in my browser, just not this one. I'm also not seeing an issue on IE.

Sometimes I can get to a previous page by double- or triple-clicking the left arrow button, but it's very non-deterministic as to whether it goes back 1 page, 2 pages, or not at all.

Anyone else seeing this?

Bill

Watch the ads on the right side of the screen as you press backspace.  It is working, it's just that there's more pages than you're aware of.  Specifically, watch the Featured Sponsors area.

Carlos

Firefox 8.0 is a disaster. When Mozilla updated to 8.0, I was having issues at work and home---crashes, page load problems. All my computers at work and home are now running on Google Chrome without incidents. If you prefer Apple/Macs, I hear Safari works great.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thought I should elaborate.  If you watch the Featured Sponsors area as you backspace/left arrow/etc, you'll notice that the ad links disappear one at a time.  It looks like Firefox is picking up an individual page load for each ad.  Thus, when you backspace, it's going one page/ad back each time.  Eventually it will actually go back to the previous page.  Thus the difference you're seeing, it probably depends on how many of those ads you loaded.

Carlos

Originally Posted by Nole77

Thought I should elaborate.  If you watch the Featured Sponsors area as you backspace/left arrow/etc, you'll notice that the ad links disappear one at a time.  It looks like Firefox is picking up an individual page load for each ad.  Thus, when you backspace, it's going one page/ad back each time.  Eventually it will actually go back to the previous page.  Thus the difference you're seeing, it probably depends on how many of those ads you loaded.

OMG. Lame. So did the Featured Sponsor "feature" just get added yesterday? Would we consider this a Firefox defect or a Huddler defect?

Bill

I've noticed in the past that Firefox has picked up additional pages like this.  I'm not really sure why it's doing this now.  I know I haven't updated Firefox in quite a while and up till last night, was able to backspace once to get to the previous page.  If I had to guess, I'd say the site/huddler has changed but I can't say with a certainty.

Carlos

• Administrator

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

OMG. Lame. So did the Featured Sponsor "feature" just get added yesterday? Would we consider this a Firefox defect or a Huddler defect?

I don't see that at all in Chrome or Firefox.

Whatever the issue, it's a known issue at Huddler and they should have a fix soon, if there isn't one already.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

I don't see that at all in Chrome or Firefox.

Whatever the issue, it's a known issue at Huddler and they should have a fix soon, if there isn't one already.

Good news, thanks Erik.

Bill

Note: This thread is 4531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!