IGNORED

Daufuskie Island?

Note: This thread is 4556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I read that someone bought the Bloody Point property that had been shut down for some time. I also know that Melrose was either close to being closed, or was closed. Does anyone have any news about these courses? Thanks.

Bloody Point is closed entirely.  You cannot even tell a golf course once existed except for the fact tall trees are missing from where the fairways were located, it just looks like a series of overgrown fields.

Melrose, last I heard and saw, had 9 holes open for play as a result of a skeleton crew working on a very, very small budget.  I am not certain what the most current status is since I saw Melrose about 10 months ago.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Referencing  Bloody Point and Melrose Golf Courses

As I correspond the final touches are being put on Bloody Points 6th T prior to sprigging. Davis Love Golf Management, along with noted architect Bob Spence, are completing a re-do of the old Weiskoph course. Elevated T's and stadium bunkers are prevelant on this increadably beautiful track of land. A new restaurant called the Eagle Nest is flourishing with a new chef and accommodations are under renovation. A new dock is scheduled soon and will ferry golfers from all points including Savannah. Bloody Point is back.

As for Melrose....please visit www.BloodyPoint.com and click on MELROSE for new ownership updates. The Nicklaus course with its three (3) oceanfront holes is open and looks great.

Joe Yocius

Owner/Keeper Bloody Point Lighthouse

www.BloodyPoint.com

1-843-684-4445

Thanks. We went over to Daufuskie Island on our last trip to Hilton Head(about 3 years ago). Bloody Point was closed, the hotel was closed, but Melrose was open. Regardless of the golf courses, Daufuskie was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I am glad to hear the courses are making a comeback.

Note: This thread is 4556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!