IGNORED

Fat Freddie...

Note: This thread is 6192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Help me,

I am hitting the ball well off the tee, putting the ball on the short grass and then walking up and hitting the ball fat. I did this 12 times on Saturday's comp. I did it with full shots, pitch shots, etc... What am I doing wrong. It was extremely frustrating and resulted in an appalling score.

I am considering opening a trench digging business! The boys I was playing with joked that we were going to have to call back to the clubhouse for more sand!

BigDog (Diggin' Dog)

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

You're probably either flipping your wrists at impact in an attempt to get the ball airborne or sliding your hips towards the target at the start of your downswing (using body too much) or dipping at impact. Just try keeping a nice smooth tempo and keeping your posture the same throughout the swing, hard for us trying to rip it...
In My Bag:
Driver: 905t, 9.5*, Grafalloy Blue Stiff
3-Wood: 906f2, 15*, NV-S
Hybrid: 585h, 19*, NV-S
Irons: 735.CM, DG S300Wedges: CG10 52*, 56*, Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: One PlatinumHome Course: Stoke Park Club

I think I know your problem... like you said when you decelerate... you hit fat shots. You are decelerating because on approach shots you want to hit less club so you slow your swing as you swing through the ball. Instead what you want to do for less distance is only take half a swing and swing normal speed and accelerate through.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!