IGNORED

Hi, from NC, golf heaven

geneinnc
Note: This thread is 4551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure where to start. I was a serious player until 2000. 9 times under the knife, total disability, but I am TRYING.

Can't hit it out of my shadow now, so I'm working with my teacher on solid contact. I'm blessed with the short game, and still roll the 8813 I got as a kid.

Needless to say after 12 years I was lost on equipment. It's going to be a long, painful road back, but I AM going to give it my best.

Welcome!

I also live in NC, though I'm beginning to think I live in the least heavenly golf area in the state, Charlotte. Courses are overpriced and many are not up to par. I much enjoy going to the winston-salem or chapel hill area where there are plenty of great courses for $20 a round, in the mornings!

Where do you live? And good luck on your recovery!

I live in Huntersville and there's plenty of good golf in Charlotte.  The thing is, you get what you pay for (for the most part).  But in this area there are TONS of online deals.  Most are $35 and under and on very nice courses.  Rain is scarce right now and some clubs are starting to show it but most places I've played are in decent shape, considering.

I live in Huntersville as well, just speaking from past experiences. Maybe I haven't played at enough courses but I feel like other areas of the state offer a lot more bank for your buck. I've played courses that were just as nice as a $70 course in charlotte for $20 bucks in winston or chapel hill.

Welcome from another NC resident.  Although I live in Lumber Bridge, about 30 miles from Pinehurst and there's 80 courses within 1.5 hours drive from here.  2 hours away includes Myrtle Beach courses.....  So I would say that this area is golf heaven.

Note: This thread is 4551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!