IGNORED

Whats the best 3 wood for under $200?

Note: This thread is 4403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I noted that story.  I have been playing a Cobra X-Speed "4+" wood (I'm guessing 16 or 16.5 degrees?) for going on 6 or 7 years now (I think so, anyway, it seems like forever since before I had that club).  It's a complete anomaly in my set which has otherwise turned over half a dozen times, but I absolutely hit this club better than any other club I have ever owned.  I even borrowed the matching 3 wood from the set (a buddy of mine bought it used after watching me  hit the 4 wood), and I actually hit the 4 better than the 3.  Longer, higher, and am able to work the ball (which is a rarity for me, who generally hit everything "straight").

I have been thinking of replacing the 4 wood with another similar style, but I really like the deep face on the X-Speed.  It looks like a mini driver head, which gives me a lot of confidence on the tee box of shorter holes.

Originally Posted by WUTiger

A Golf Digest story from a couple of seasons ago said that the 4W is easier to hit than a 3W for the average golfer. Ping split the difference on this with the K15 woods - the 3W had 16* loft.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Note: This thread is 4403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!