IGNORED

Pain in my right wrist

Note: This thread is 4139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

for about a month now when I play I get this terrible pain in my right wrist. I am positive it isn't broken because I can move it just fine. I think it might be nerve damage or something. Does anybody have a Idea what is wrong?

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

DRIVER: Cobra Amp 9.5 X-Stiff Fujikura Vista Tour

3 WOOD: Cobra Amp 15 X-Stiff Fujikura Motore F3

HYBRID: Cobra Amp 20 X-Stiff Fujikura Fit On Max 

IRONS: Adams Golf Pro Golds 4-PW KBS X-Stiff 

GAP WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 50 DG Spinner

SAND WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 54 DG Spinner

LOB WEDGE: Titliest BV Spin Milled 58 Stock Shaft

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot XG #7

BALL: Callaway Hex Black

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

for about a month now when I play I get this terrible pain in my right wrist. I am positive it isn't broken because I can move it just fine. I think it might be nerve damage or something. Does anybody have a Idea what is wrong?

Hmmm strange you 'd get it in the right wrist when you're a righty. I'm a right-handed golfer and have some tendon problems in my left wrist from playing golf, so much so I have limited mobility in that wrist now. It's isn't painful normally until I start rotating and manipulating it.

For me I'm 90% sure it's stemmed from gripping the club too hard and the position of the shaft in my hand.

I had this problem for a while,

I found it was happening mainly when i was using the driver,I was told it was

with my follow through, tring to get more distance, and snatching at the end

when my wrist was twisting slightly causing the pain.

try following through easier, and not for distance, and see if the pain eases.

hope that helps

Originally Posted by arthur c

I had this problem for a while,

I found it was happening mainly when i was using the driver,I was told it was

with my follow through, tring to get more distance, and snatching at the end

when my wrist was twisting slightly causing the pain.

try following through easier, and not for distance, and see if the pain eases.

hope that helps

I've been trying that lately and it still hurts like a well you know.. I am really starting to think that I torn something. When I rotate it, it just hurts

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

Just because you can move you hand around doesn't mean that nothing is broken. Do you ever get tingling or numb fingers? If no, then there is a good chance you do not have nerve damage. Since you didn't mention any acute injury [a fall, or you hit it hard on something] than it's probably more overuse than anything.

Have you made any swing adjustments lately to try to increase swing lag? This can cause irritation to the trailing hand wrist.

You might try to do some warm-up exercises for your hands.

Also, does your job put stress on your right hand? If you use a hammer, or do a lot of computer mousing, this can strain your hand tendons. Add in golf, and you have pain.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by WUTiger

Have you made any swing adjustments lately to try to increase swing lag? This can cause irritation to the trailing hand wrist.

You might try to do some warm-up exercises for your hands.

Also, does your job put stress on your right hand? If you use a hammer, or do a lot of computer mousing, this can strain your hand tendons. Add in golf, and you have pain.

No swing adjustments at all and I don't have a job. and also going to be a senior in high school. The only thing I can think of is that I am practicing too much or I pulled a tendon.

• 7 months later...

My guess without seeing your swing is that you're fanning your right hand on the takeaway. Be sure that your club toe is pointing at the sky and your right elbow against your side when your club is parallel to the ground on the takeaway. Also be sure to hold the club grip in your fingers, not in the palm of your hand. Good luck!

Note: This thread is 4139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!