IGNORED

So how exactly do drivers with adjustable hosels work?

Note: This thread is 3201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

It works because the shaft does not sit perfectly in the middle of the sleeve, it is on an angle. So when you rotate the sleeve around it produces different lies and lofts. If you take the sleeve out of the head and rotate it around you will notice that the sleeve angle is not the same as the shaft angle.

The TM sleeves are only canted on the very end, where the lugs are.   The tapered section around the middle is what keeps it aligned to the hosel bore.

• 1 year later...

Hi there all you golfing techno gurus. I bought  the Ping G25, with a 9.5 degrees loft. How does this changing of the loft really works?

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Moparman 426 is absolutely correct.  If you look at the very tip of the adapter on the TM r11 fairway wood you will see that it is tilted by an angle of 1.5 deg which means when you rotate the shaft in the hosel 180 deg you will achieve a total adjustment of 3 degrees (From 15.5 deg to 18.5 deg (on a 17 deg 4 wood....my club)  Rotating it to the middle of the adjustment (90 deg) gives you the standard loft which is 17 deg on the TM 4 wood.

• 1 year later...

Need some help. I am now hitting the callaway razr fit extreme and don't quite understand the adjustments. My error is a hook with other drivers. I would like to set it up for a fade so when I plan a draw it doesn't become a raging hook. How would I adjust the face, and then the weights? Thanks.

Note: This thread is 3201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!