IGNORED

My first fitting

Note: This thread is 4323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just got fit for a driver today....first time I ever went into the shop to get fit and was pretty surprised. I've always thought I hit it a long way but never really knew what that meant (and as usual I'm just as guilty as most ametures of inflating my distance numbers based on sight and feel). Ok, so here's what I found testing the TM R11S, with the Aldila Phenom Shaft (R, S), 10.5 degree loft When I started testing, the face/loft etc were all set to standard except I started off with a S flex shaft. Swing Speed average : 110 Average carry: 255 Average total distance: 275 Avergae back spin: 4100 rpm Average side spin (right): 900 rpm Launch Angle: 11.5 So...to cut. Very long hour of my life short, and after many shaft, loft and face angle adjustments...here's what I ended up with: TM R11S, Aldila Phenom R, loft adjusted aby 1.5 degrees to 12 degrees and a tip from the fitter...he asked me to grip ha half inch lower on the grip than I was doing (he said he could cut the shaft down but he felt my hands were a bit too high anyway so unless I felt uncomfortable, gripping it half an inch lower wouldn't hurt/cost me anything more)...the result was: Swing Speed:110 Carry: 255 Total distance:275 Average back spin: 3700 Average side spin (still going right), 230 rpm (resulting in the most accurate I've ever been with a driver) Launch Angle: 14 What surprised me was that the slightly higher lost and slight change in length (choking down half and inch) had no discernible effect on distance. What was even more interesting was the advice to stick to an R flex given my swing speed...I was told that the additional flex would help me turn the club over better and the tight dispersion I got would seem to bear that out...of course, I could have just been having a great day with a new piece of equipment that was giving me confidence. Does any of this make sense to you? Thanks in advance for those of you who respond.

Note: This thread is 4323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!