IGNORED

My Swing (Rudy24)

Rudy24
Note: This thread is 4323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been golfing for about 3 years and I am still trying to find a consistent swing. My largest issue is I push my hands out at the beginning of my downswing which creates a outside-in swing and makes me cut across the ball thus slicing the hell out of the ball especially with long irons and drives. I recently took a video of one of my swings from the driving range. Any tips, ideas, of things to change or fix would be appreciated. (They could range from anything about my swing not just my hands)

If the video does not work here is another link to it - http://www.swingreader.com/video/view/DCLsYK8V

First off, I just downloaded this app and am looking forward to using it.

You look like you're coming over the top a bit.  Do you typically hit pull slices?

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont really know the "lingo" but if you mean my shots start off left then slice then no...my shots usually start pretty straight for the most part then slice a lot

Most of the time when you are having the problems you described it is related to grip, ball position, open stance or swing plane with swing plane being the most common in non-beginners. Check the first three fundamentsls and if they are all good then your plane is probably too upright. An easy fix for this is to focus on keeping your left arm closer to your body on the takeaway and shoten your backswing.

Note: This thread is 4323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!