IGNORED

Club fitting and thoughts??

Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm 5'7" with about a 29 inch inseam.  I have been golfing for about 1 year and 3 months.  Went to golfsmith and was "fitted".  What I ddi was hit a series of different make clubs and was told that I hit the Cobras S3 Max the best.  I bought them, off the rack so to speak.

Started off scoring in the 100's, have been to 4 instructors in the last 15 months, practice about 2 times 2 hours per week. 15 months later (now) I still score in the 100's and clubs are more inconsitent than ever.

my question is, how do off the wall clubs "fit" me as well as the 6'3" guy that would walk in and buy them.  Over this whole time I hit the ball heavy (ground before ball) sometimes so heavy and aggressively that I separted my index finger on my right hand.

On my own I have moved the ball further back in my stance, all irons and have worked hard on a hip slide.  But honestely with legs as short as mine how freekin far can they slide.

I had about 10 balls left today at the range and tried to start with my weight 70 percent on my left side, rotate around that post and then slide to 95 percent left side.  Made some good contact on a couple.

Clubs are in the Garage while I decide if I'm cut out for this game.

The clubs might be the problem but not enough to separate a finger. It has to be a swing flaw. Im 5'5" and my clubs are standard length and lie. Length of practice means nothing if it's not quality. Keep trying, dont give up yet, golf is not easy.

Driver:  907 D1 (10.5*)

3 Wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 (15*)

Hybrid:  Idea Pro Gold (21*)

Irons:  VR Pro Combo CB (3-PW)

Wedges:  VR Pro (52*,56*)

Putter: Method 004

Ball:  Penta

The clubs are not the problem. You could focus on one thing and one thing only at this point for sanity reasons,  rhythm and timing  I will bet that you are an aggressive swinger. Or more accurately said a good smooth back swinger and then a smashing violent down swinger.  This is likely where your entire problem lies.  I am that way and I fight to get rhythmic instead of smashing..

There are many videos on youtube.

Have you ever had a golf lesson? A few tips from a good pro could really help.

Practicing poor swing moves won't improve your game - only ingrain bad habits.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by turbosdad

I'm 5'7" with about a 29 inch inseam.

my question is, how do off the wall clubs "fit" me as well as the 6'3" guy that would walk in and buy them.  Over this whole time I hit the ball heavy (ground before ball) sometimes so heavy and aggressively that I separted my index finger on my right hand.

Standard length clubs will very likely suit you; it's the 6'3" guy who may need something different.

If you are constantly hitting the ground before ball, then your swing is probably not right.  Try a half swing (only taking the ball back a little above waist height) and trying to smoothly strike the ball off the turf.  Master that and you can gradually move on from there.

And you are strongly advised to get lessons.  As others have said, lots of practicing of the wrong things will never make you better.

a drill that i got was to put all your weight on your front foot so that you're actually leaning forward with your back foot basically just making contact with the ground and take half swings.

with all your weight shifted forward it is extremely hard to hit fat.

also, slow down the swing some. focus on making solid contact and not speed. you'll be surprised at how much work the club does for you and once you get that down you naturally pick up some speed in your swing.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!