IGNORED

Dent's Junior Golf Program

lamebums
Note: This thread is 6162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am part of a CC. I dont like the people there, i dont like some of the workers, and i dont like all the egos and bragging there. If i would id go to a different country club but all my friends are there. The last week of golfing I kinda get tired of playing the course. But its great cause after being a member there for 3 years you really know the course.

(@Dent: I looked at your golf course's website. That junior membership, with those restrictions, is

horrible . I am amazed that you shoot as well as you do with the few times you can tee off. If you get a chance you better come down to the States where it's much easier to get tee times. I bet you'll be scratch in no time. )
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

(@Dent: I looked at your golf course's website. That junior membership, with those restrictions, is

Thanks for reminding me about that, thats another thing.. Jeez can we play golf or not? I hear about all the juniors here about no restrictions blah blah. Here we have all these times we can barely get out. I hate the rules they have set out and even though nobody tees off between 4-5 on weekdays we still cant go. Id love to play in the states!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Thanks for reminding me about that, thats another thing.. Jeez can we play golf or not? I hear about all the juniors here about no restrictions blah blah. Here we have all these times we can barely get out. I hate the rules they have set out and even though nobody tees off between 4-5 on weekdays we still cant go. Id love to play in the states!

(Immediately off hand, even

my golf course has a better package. It's $225 a year. Usually, the junior membership's only good for Pioneer, but they sometimes make exceptions for the other two. No members can tee off before 1:30 PM on weekends without paying full price, but that applies to everyone. I think the only catch is that juniors can't drive a cart, but I can sort of understand liability issues there. Personally I would have gone insane with only being able to tee off within a 30 minute window. Hell, I try to squeeze in 9 after class at times - how could I do that there?)

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

(Immediately off hand, even

oh definatly, on Monday we can tee off between 3:00-4, i get out of school at 3. I have to take a bus, which doesnt go right to the club, Walk about 10 minutes, and then get my clubs and shoes then go. Now from Tuesday-Thursday I have to make a tee time at 3:29 or 3:30, We can only tee off from 3-3:30. If i get anything earlier than 3:25 im screwed. I Get off run down the street all the way to the club, and have 5 mins to spare to get ready, its stupid. They pretty much make it so juniors cant golf, like they dont want them to.

On second note, If i wanted to take the bus from school and get right to the club I would have to take one all the way downtown, get on another bus, and then come all the way back up again, which is pointless.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

(I'm pretty flat-footed and can't run for shit. I'd probably be screwed. I'd say drive , but I don't know the age for licenses up there. Has anyone actually mentioned it to the club - assuming the club even takes juniors seriously?)

(I'm pretty flat-footed and can't run for shit. I'd probably be screwed. I'd say

I start drivers ed next september. No they dont take us seriously at all. I have mentioned it many times. I have talked to the Club Pro, The workers at the pro shop and the Manager, you know what they say... Never listen to a kid..with their simple reply "Yes we will look into it thanks" ... ya right

In My Bag

(I take it 15 and a half? I don't know about the weather up there, but September is pretty late, so it wouldn't help you this year, anyway. Just tell your parents, next time you're going on vacation, go somewhere in the States where there's a lot of golf, and beat the hell out of your golf fix for a week. Apart from that, I'd hate to put it any other way, but you're screwed, man.

And, yeah, we can sit here and say how when they don't listen to the juniors, it's really their loss a few years down the road, but, eh, whatever. Same for voting and drinking, too, I suppose. Now that I'm finally old enough to vote, I don't want to. Crazies on one side, wimps on the other. I'm surrounded by complete morons! What use was waiting all that time? )

But yeah I'm getting off topic, so let's leave it at that, at least about voting. Back to golf.)

(I take it 15 and a half? I don't know about the weather up there, but September is pretty late, so it wouldn't help you this year, anyway. Just tell your parents, next time you're going on vacation, go somewhere in the States where there's a lot of golf, and beat the hell out of your golf fix for a week. Apart from that, I'd hate to put it any other way, but you're screwed, man.

15 and a half. Yep. Yep ranting isnt gonna do anything but it is fun. My parents are actually planning a golf vacation for me. I think somewhere in arizona or florida. I golfed mexico in February. Golf season here finishes around august or so.
In My Bag

15 and a half. Yep. Yep ranting isnt gonna do anything but it is fun. My parents are actually planning a golf vacation for me. I think somewhere in arizona or florida. I golfed mexico in February. Golf season here finishes around august or so.

August? Holy shit. I would die if I couldn't golf from September - April. Here in Kentucky, it's not good golfing weather in the winter, but there are days it'll hit 50 even in January (Yay for global warming, eh, and I don't have to dig my car out of snow as often), and I bust out the jacket and extra glove, and hit the course.

Try Myrtle Beach. I was down there a few weeks ago, right before the high summer season began. I had a hell of a time down there - forget deep sea fishing, forget going down to Charleston to see the collection of warships, forget even spending that much time on the beach enjoying the scenery. Scratch all that, even though that was our original plan. I played golf the whole week, including my lowest this year, an 85 at Wicked Stick, a John Daly signature course of over 7,000 yards.

August? Holy shit. I would die if I couldn't golf from September - April. Here in Kentucky, it's not good golfing weather in the winter, but there are days it'll hit 50 even in January (Yay for global warming, eh, and I don't have to dig my car out of snow as often), and I bust out the jacket and extra glove, and hit the course.

Oh im sorry what am i talking about, i got my months mixed up. Golf Season finishes around October. Thats when i kind of start to get tired of my course. Playing 70+ games a year on the same course gets kind of boring. I need to start playing other courses. One of my goals in life is to play golf in as many countries as I can, I have 3 so far. U.S.A is a great place to golf. Very nice courses.

In My Bag

Apart from getting tired of the course, I think playing the same course hundreds of times would mess with your handicap. Obviously, over time, someone would know exactly where to put their ball off the tee, how to play each hole, how each green breaks, and so on. You'd get better and better at that course, and then struggle to break 90 as soon as you went somewhere else.

It happens to me - I can shoot in the 80's at my home course, but struggle to break 100 at courses I haven't played before.

Apart from getting tired of the course, I think playing the same course hundreds of times would mess with your handicap. Obviously, over time, someone would know exactly where to put their ball off the tee, how to play each hole, how each green breaks, and so on. You'd get better and better at

In a way i seem kind of opposite, but in a way the same. In mexico i played really good and considering I have rental cheap clubs, never played the course before, and i had the flu during the round i shot 91. I went to a course just down the road from mine and shot a 78, first time playing it that year also. At the course I play i sometimes struggle to break 80. I play new courses very well, but sometimes think so much of score on my home course i completely forget about everything else.

In My Bag

Score will drive you nuts--I don't even add it up until I make the turn, and after I get back in the clubhouse, sucking up the suds and enjoying a hot dog.

The last time I found out where I was, I had a 35 after 8 holes. I think I posted this somewhere else today, as well, but here goes. Last hole, a 300 yard par 4. My father tells me I need to par to break 40, even though I told him not to tell me how I was doing. That aside, I'm not going to play it safe. You gotta let the big dog eat. So I dead pull my drive into the trees, hit a magnificent recovery shot that somehow gets on the green, and then proceed to three-putt for a 40.

Gotta work on that putting, I think i posted a putting drill somewhere, I also read that post. You have my dream putter. If you havnt seen it here it goes:

Putting Drill

Put a club horizontally 1- 1 1/2 feet behind the hole. Put 5 balls from w hatever distance award yourself points

2 Points- Making the putt
1 Point- Getting it inbetween the club and the hole
0 Points- Hitting the Club
-1 Points- Coming up short

If your problem is powering the putt you can reverse it -1 for hitting the shaft. This teaches you to get the right distance. Is your problem reading the break or the weight?
In My Bag

My father likes to harp on the weight - but he's using an old Acushnet Bullseye putter which feels like a feather. I'm getting the speed pretty good these days, it's mainly reading breaks and pulled/pushed putts which kill me. If I have a 40 footer, I'm liable to leave it 15 feet off line, but very good on the speed.

Also, something mental, I suppose, about the three to five foot putt that leads to all those pulled and pushed putts.

About the putter: I chose it because in casual rounds we play gimmies inside the leather - and if you handle it right, it'll scoop the ball right off the green, so you don't have to bend over. I know - I'm a lazy bastard. I had the stock grip replaced because dirt was getting on the white part and I couldn't get it off. I also had it extended to 37 inches, which did wonders for the distance on my putts. I picked it up for $150 at Golf Galaxy. The pain on my wallet was offset because I returned a useless-to-me hybrid that day.

(Edit: And of course, because I holed some very satisfying putts on the green at Golf Galaxy, over the Odysseys, Scotty Camerons, and everything else.)

Its nice putter indeed. Reading the break is hard, usually you just cant second guess yourself and go with what you feel. It also could be mental and confidence in your case, never think about missing the putt, always think of making it. What I do which may seem stupid is on the tap ins or 2-6 foot putts I always say aloud "Even if i dont make this it still counts" Even though it wont i always think it will still count if i miss so my confidence for some reason just goes through the roof and i feel so good.
In My Bag

I take one look at the hole and go. I don't second guess myself on reading a break, usually. Sometimes I'll make an emergency fix at address and change my alignment a bit, but when I do, I am usually right. It's just the mental bit of rolling a small ball into a smaller hole, I think, that does me in. I see the three feet in between me and a good score, and I fall apart like an accordion. I'll have to try the putting drill, and lay additional clubs off to the sides, and penalize myself if I hit them, too.

if you hit your bag or something thats off the green, id say golf isnt your sport. But yes its a good drill and can help, maybe not for break as much, you dhave to find one for that.
In My Bag

Note: This thread is 6162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!