IGNORED

New Driver

Note: This thread is 6152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So the other day while i was out of town my dad used my TM r5 and shot a 40 which is really great for him, first time hes broke 45 in like a year, so anyways, he tells me he wants my driver, and said he would pay for a new one if i could find one i liked.
Now im looking for a new driver but the dilema is w/ all these new drivers idk wat to look for. heres some that i have been considering (or have been told to consider)
Titleist 907D1 and/or 907D2
Taylormade r7 Superquad
Cleveland Hibore XL
Taylormade r5 Tour Model

wat are ur suggestions?

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

You have a good list to start. I would also hit:

Callaway FT-3 Tour (2006 model)
Callaway FT-5 Tour
Callaway X Tour (2006)
Ping G5
Ping Rapture
In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

Titleist 907D1 and/or 907D2

Titleist 907D1 and/or 907D2 - I will own a D2 soon!! They are great drivers.

Taylormade r7 Superquad - The weight are a little gimmicky (for me) and it seems that you are a low enough handicap not to need to adjust weights to work the ball. Cleveland Hibore XL - Obnoxious sound and looks like crap at address. Taylormade r5 Tour Model - Another fine choice, but I think the Titleist wins. This is all my opinion and not meant to start a pissing match with anyone who owns above models and disagrees with me. The poster is asking for Opinions. Mike

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

Titleist 907D1 and/or 907D2 - I will own a D2 soon!! They are great drivers.

thanks mike, ive heard nothing but greatness from the D2 so im kinda leaning that way, and the review TST gave it helps even more

In My Bag

All of those are great drivers. I would try these aswell :
Ping G5
TM Burner TP
Ping Rapture

Good Luck and Happy hunting!

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

You have a good list to start. I would also hit:

i was considering a callaway, im jus nervous of those becuz i bought the fusion (back when it was a prototype) and it flopped horribly, prolly the worst driver ive ever hit

Ping is a great company (as u can tell i have always played their irons) i used to hit their driver, i cant remember the name, but my dad had the G2 driver and i was not impressed at all w/ it nore the G5 that i tested a while back. but i have never even held a rapture so i cannot comment on that one

In My Bag

I would go with the Titleist D2 or the Taylor Made Burner TP. Both are solid clubs
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

I have heard nothing but great things about the burner.
Depending on if you hit a draw or a fade there might not be any reason to go with the TP, assume the TP has more of an open face angle.

I have the g5 and love it. I never hit the rapture, so I cant tell you about that one.

Try a Cobra F-Speed, my dad has last years model and crushes it. I think Cobra drivers are very underrated.

do you play for Methodist by the way?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i was considering a callaway, im jus nervous of those becuz i bought the fusion (back when it was a prototype) and it flopped horribly, prolly the worst driver ive ever hit

Well, if you hated the original Fusion then maybe a composite club is not for you. I did not hit the original Fusion, but I can tell you that I LOVE my FT-3 and have heard from others the the FT-5 is a cut above it. FWIW, with your handicap I would not even bother with the non-tour models.....very high ball flight and a heavy left bias.

In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

I have the g5 and love it. I never hit the rapture, so I cant tell you about that one.

no, not yet at least... ill be a freshman this coming fall (i leave at the end of summer) and i dont plan on trying out till my sophomore year jus because i dont want that much more pressure for my freshman year... but i will be in the PGM program (professional golf management) so i will get all the benefits of the golf team

In My Bag

Well, if you hated the original Fusion then maybe a composite club is not for you. I did not hit the original Fusion, but I can tell you that I LOVE my FT-3 and have heard from others the the FT-5 is a cut above it. FWIW, with your handicap I would not even bother with the non-tour models.....very high ball flight and a heavy left bias.

ya, my current set-up is the TM r5 neutral 9.5* and i hit that pretty high so if i do get a new one i may get a 8.5* but ive never hit a TP model so idk how that will change the ball flight

In My Bag

no, not yet at least... ill be a freshman this coming fall (i leave at the end of summer) and i dont plan on trying out till my sophomore year jus because i dont want that much more pressure for my freshman year... but i will be in the PGM program (professional golf management) so i will get all the benefits of the golf team

oh yea thats cool some kid from my high school (hes like 6 years older then me but my sister knows him) went down to methodist...not sure if he played on the golf team or not, Im pretty sure he didnt, i think he's just getting his PGA card.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

oh yea thats cool some kid from my high school (hes like 6 years older then me but my sister knows him) went down to methodist...not sure if he played on the golf team or not, Im pretty sure he didnt, i think he's just getting his PGA card.

its an amazing school, im actually going down there this monday for a camp and orientation but their set-up and facility is a dream. and ill get to play on Pinehurst so that'll deff be really nice

In My Bag

its an amazing school, im actually going down there this monday for a camp and orientation but their set-up and facility is a dream. and ill get to play on Pinehurst so that'll deff be really nice

word..sounds awesome. i'd go to school there but i probably dont even have the grades and it's pretty damn far away.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

ya, my current set-up is the TM r5 neutral 9.5* and i hit that pretty high so if i do get a new one i may get a 8.5* but ive never hit a TP model so idk how that will change the ball flight

What shaft is currently on your R5? If it is a stock R flex and the ball flight is too high, you might want to take a look at diffent shaft options to help get the ball down a bit when you go to look at new drivers.

What shaft is currently on your R5? If it is a stock R flex and the ball flight is too high, you might want to take a look at diffent shaft options to help get the ball down a bit when you go to look at new drivers.

damn... i should know this since i just looked at it the other day (i almost put the r7 fujikura shaft in it) but ik its Stiff w/ a stiff tip cuz the r7 fujikura had a mid tip which is y i didnt switch them out

In My Bag

word..sounds awesome. i'd go to school there but i probably dont even have the grades and it's pretty damn far away.

ya thats prolly wat got me in cuz my handicap is a little high for the PGM program but since i have good grades and the coach thinks he can work with me and improve my game alot

In My Bag

Note: This thread is 6152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!