IGNORED

Professional instruction

Note: This thread is 4148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am considering signing up for the Golf Academy at the Waldorf Astoria course in Orlando Florida.  Has anyone here taken this training course and did you find it beneficial?  For the cost, would you recommend it?  I have not received any former training before and I am sure I have some bad habits that could be holding my game back.  I am hoping they could help point them out and improve my game.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say no course is worth the money. I am sure the instruction is decent (well not sure but willing to give the benefit of the doubt) but in general 4 hours of lessons over 1 or 2 months is worth a heck of a lot more than 4 hours all at once with someone you will never see again if you are trying to improve your golf game.

Originally Posted by stuckionyou5375

Aw, come on.  Surely someone has taken the course.  My trip is coming up soon, and I don't want to waste my money if it's not worth it.

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

When you say " no course is worth the money" are you thinking practice alone is the better route?  I would agree that they are are pricey, but I think some guidance with my swig would be an improvement.

I am new to the game and I would be up for a day or two of instruction if the cost/benifit is right.

Thanks for your feedback!

What I am saying is 4 hours of instruction from a local pro over 1 month with 3 or 4 hours of practice in between lessons is going to help your game more than 4 hours of all at once instruction at some resort and then going out and practicing for 20 hours.

Professional Instruction > Self Instruction

But - you need to be a good listener - take notes - maybe even film the instruction while you are at the 4hr class.  The reason is that there will be a lot of items discussed and your brain can only capture so much. So having those notes, video / audio to reflect back on will definitely make it worth your time.

Also, I'd recommend that you read and watch some introductory golf instructional videos/books so that you don't waste time at the clinic on basic things like the proper grip, ball placement and setup.  If you have the core concepts down, then you can actually focus on the swing mechanics.

I'd also recommend that you get a video camera and film your swing.  Then link the video in our My Swings section of this forum.  There are plenty of users, myself included that would be happy to provide insight on what we see in your swing which could also help.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!